Chapter 11

Third Person's P. O. V:

As the Jounin gather before him, Hiruzen states, "Alright. It is time we choose our candidates for the Chunin Examinations. To begin, will those in charge of the rookie Genin step forward." Asuma, Kurenai, Hotaru and Kakashi step forward. "Izayoi, Kakashi, Kurenai and Asuma. What do you say? Are there any in your squads you recommend, who are ready for the exams, despite their inexperience?

"As you know, any Genin who has carried out eight or more missions is technically eligible for the examinations. Beyond that, only you can decide when they are ready. Of course, most grins require a much longer training period, and at least twice that many missions. So, Hotaru, you begin."

Putting her right hand in the Ram sign with two fingers up and the rest folded, the scarlet haired woman announces, "I lead Squad 3: Hiro Shakunetsu, Kai Nakamura, Amaya Ikeda. I, Izayoi Tsugikata Hatake, recommend all three of these Genin for the Chunin Selection Exam."

Iruka gasps in worry as a bead of sweat drips down his right cheek.

The silverette beside Izayoi announces, as she drops her arm, his hand also in the Ram sign, "I lead Squad 7: Sasuke Uchiha, Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno. I, Kakashi Hatake, recommend all three of these Genin for the Chunin Selection Exam."

Putting her hand in the same, Kurenai states, "And my squad is number 8: Hinata Hyuga, Kiba Inuzuka, Shino Aburame. And now, I, Kurenai Yuhi, recommend all three."

Asuma copies her hand sign and stated, "And my squad is number 10: Ino Yamanaka, Shikamaru Nara, Choji Akimichi. And now, I, Asuma Sarutobi, recommend all three."

Murmurs of shock ripple through the crowd at the names announced.

"Hold on just a minute!" Iruka shouts, stepping forwards.

"Yes? What is it, Iruka?" Asks Hiruzen wearily.

The four Jounin turn to him, as the Umino explains hurriedly, "Hokage-sama, with all respect," He holds up his hand, "the 12 names that were just given were all my students at the academy. I know their skills and abilities. Every one of them has great promise, but it's too soon! They need more experience before they're tested. If they try now, they're sure to fail the exam!"

Kakashi faces the Chunin as he points out, "When I became a Chunin, I was six years younger than Naruto is now

Kakashi faces the Chunin as he points out, "When I became a Chunin, I was six years younger than Naruto is now."

"Naruto is nothing like you!!" Shouts the Umino in frustration. He stomps towards Kakashi. "Are you trying to destroy him?!"

Kakashi says simply, "Well, they're always complaining about not being challenged enough. Maybe wiping out on the exams will teach them a lesson. A little pain is good."

"Wh-What did you say?!" Iruka splutters as he takes another step forward.

"Oh, nothing fatal, of course. But, seriously, Iruka, relax!" Iruka scowls at that. Kakashi continues. "Listen, I understand how you feel. It's very personal for you, and it upsets you. But..."