Chapter 44

Izayoi's P. O. V:

Kakashi and I enter a large cavern with alcoves and a throne like chair at the back. We stop short as we see Mikoto sitting on it, cheek in hand.

"Mikoto Senju," I growl.

"So you've managed to defeat Arata," He murmurs, looking up at us. "I still won't let you leave this place alive."

"We'll see about that!" Kakashi hisses before taking out a kunai. He throws it at Mikoto who deflects it. He gets to his feet and does hand signs.

"Wind Style: Air Bullets." Mikoto blows out bullets of air which Kakashi instantly copies. I take that chance to change Shoten to my Armadura Fairy sword before I give a wide swing. A massive wave of energy cuts through the cave, but both Kakashi and Mikoto dodge it.

I summon the other sword sand charge for the Senju. He takes out a kunai and we clash blades. A loud clang rings through the air.

"I will destroy that sword, no matter what," He tells me.

I grit back, pushing against him, "I won't let you!!"

I strike Shoten against his kunai a few times before taking a swing at him again. He jumps back and avoids Kakashi leaping out it the ground underneath him just in time.

Mikoto does hand signs. "Earth Style: Stone Column Spear Jutsu. Kakashi instantly copies that Jutsu and they both collide with one another.

"So you copied both of my Jutsus," Mikoto says.

"I won't let you hurt her!" Kakashi growls, brandishing his kunai. He lunges for the older man and swings his knife. Mikoto blocks or deflects it, while taking aim at Kakashi.

He narrowly dodges it.

I slash my sword but Mikoto jerks to the side to avoid it. Kakashi does a set of hand signs.

"Fire Style: Phoenix Flower Jutsu." Kakashi blows out several mini fireballs but the Senju does his own set of hand signs.

"Water Style: Raging Waves Jutsu," Mikoto says before blowing out water from his mouth. There's a hiss as it comes into contact with Kakashi's Fireball Jutsu.

Kakashi does another set of hand signs. "Water Style: Water Beast Jutsu." A hound forms from the water on the floor and charges for our opponent. It swipes its claws but Mikoto dodges and it swipes them again.

Mikoto dodges once more. The hound then shoots water from its mouth which hits the Yugure leader. He gets thrown back and I feel a surge of triumph.

Mikoto gets to his feet and does hand signs. "Fire Style: Dragon Bullet Jutsu." He forms a large dragon of fire that almost immediately takes out Kakashi's Water Beast Jutsu.

"Water Style: Water Dragon Bullet Jutsu," Says Kakashi, using the water on the floor to form a dragon that lunges for the fire one. They but heads and there's a violent hiss as they struggle for a few minutes.

Eventually, Kakashi's Jutsu throws Mikoto's away.

Kakashi and the Senju glare at one another.

"Lightning Release: Lightning Blast," Mikoto says as Kakashi copies it, and both shoot lightning from their fingers. The Jutsus collide and cancel each other out.

I swing Shoten at Mikoto but he deflects it with his kunai. I manage to slash his right arm and kick his stomach, forcing him back. He tries to slash at me but I block it with my sword just in time.

I gather green energy into my blade and thrust my sword at him. I strike his side, causing Mikoto to stagger and clutch at it.

I slash at him again, getting his right shoulder.