Chapter 10

Izayoi's P. O. V:

Eight months have gone by and my team and I have been doing more D Rank missions and training since.

My Genin (as well as Kakashi's) have met my children. Sakura and Amaya are completely smitten with her and she's a huge Naruto and Hiro fan. Ken is a huge Hiro and Sasuke fan.

Right now, my team and I are doing D Rank missions.

We're helping a lady with her errands and just finish doing that mission before we receive our next one which is to water an old man's garden. Of course, Hiro complains the whole way through.

Our final mission for the day:

Capturing the lost pet Tora.

My Genin pant as they run towards an ally in the village and Hiro skids to a halt before the tabby cat. I was back in my hiding spot, the four of us with wireless radios to communicate long distances.

"Do you have the target?" I ask into the radio, only to be met with screaming and yowling.

"Affirmative," Responds Kai. "A tabby cat with a red ribbon on its right ear."

I say proudly into my radio, "Good! Mission accomplished!"

"IZAYOI!! I WANNA GO BACK TO DOING C RANK MISSIONS!!" Hiro screams, forgetting that our radios are on and making us all flinch. "THIS ONE SUCKS!!"

"WILL YOU SHUT UP, HIRO?! YOU'RE GONNA MAKE US GO DEAF!!" Mai snaps back before I hear her punching the Fire Style user and he lets out a pained groan.

I let out an exasperated sigh as Hiro and Kai enter yet another argument before I interrupt and command that we all head to the mission report room at the Ninja Academy.

                      🗡️🗡️🗡️

After we'd returned Tora to his fat owner, the wife of the Feudal Lord, I take my Genin to our training field.

It's a wide space with a hill and a bunch of trees.

Hiro mumbles, red lines all over his face due to Tora scratching him, "I hate D Rank missions

Hiro mumbles, red lines all over his face due to Tora scratching him, "I hate D Rank missions. When will we do another C Rank one?"

I tell him, "When you've gained more experience as ninja. That last C Rank mission was just dumb kick."

Amaya mocks the pinkette with the backs of her hands on her hips, "You know, Hiro, if you hadn't tried to squeeze the life outta the poor kitty, he wouldn't have tried to scratch your face off."

A red tick mark forms on his forehead and Hiro scowls as she giggles. "Shuddup, Bunhead!!"

Amaya glares daggers at him in turn and he whimpers.

"Okay. Let's get some sparring in," I cut in, turning to my teammates with the backs of my hands on my hips. Immediately, both Kai and Hiro look nervous and I just grin at them.

"I'll go first!" The Ikeda volunteers, stepping forward.

"Alright, then," I murmur, getting into a ready stance just as she does.

It was now Hiro's turn to soar against me, and I've already beaten the other two. We were nearing the end of the fight; I could tell.

"Fire Style Secret Technique: Demon Dragon Flame Trumpet!" Hiro shoots chakra enhanced fire at me in the form of a trumpet.

I just smirk and change my Shoten to that of a long red blade with a guard in the form of a flame and swing it. It cuts clean through his attack but Hiro does more hand signs.

"Fire Style: Heat Crash Jutsu!" He forms the ball of fire and throws it in my direction. I charge towards him and cut through the attack.

Hiro cries out as I loom in front of him and knock him back with my sword. He tumbles to the ground and doesn't get up again.

My students are now slumped on the ground, breathing heavily and covered in sweat, my fire  gripped in hand.

"We'll take a break and—" I continue before the sound of an eagle floats into my ears, causing me to look up at the bright blue sky.

I furrow my brows when I see the messenger eagle circling above us. "Is it that time of year already...?" I wonder silently.

I look back at my students and say as Shoten returns to its western form with an intricate hilt and a soft golden glow around it, before I sheathe my sword, "Okay. We'll call it a day. I have to get to the Hokage tower."

They chime their agreement and I head for the tower to see what the matter is.

Third Person's P. O. V:

In the Hokage's office, all the Jounin and Chunin have been called in.

"I have summoned you for a very important purpose," Begins Hiruzen. "Seeing your fellow Jounin here, I'm sure you realise what this is about."

From Izayoi's right, Kurenai on his left and Asuma beside him, Kakashi murmurs, "So soon? I thought we'd have a little more time."

"

Asuma Sarutobi says with a cigarette in his mouth, "I take it all the other lands had been notified about the coming event?" He tilts his head

Asuma Sarutobi says with a cigarette in his mouth, "I take it all the other lands had been notified about the coming event?" He tilts his head. "I notice that some of the Genin have already arrived in the village."

Izayoi wants to know, standing on Kakashi's left, "And? When do we start?"

Hiruzen informs them, "We will begin in one week."

Kakashi says in shock, "That's pretty short notice."

Hiruzen blows smoke from his mouth as he removes his pipe. "Take heed. Exactly seven days from today, on the first day of July, the Genin will be gathered and tested. Only the very best will be selected as Chunin."