Chapter 4

Izayoi's P. O. V:

We take my students to the hospital and the doctor says they'll be fine in a day or two, but Amaya was alright.

She and I take Avaron to her large house and meet with her parents.

"Thank you so much for bringing her home safely," Avaron's mother says in relief, hugging her daughter. She has blond hair and brown eyes like her.

"You must be exhausted," Says Avaron's father, a man with red hair and green eyes. "Feel free to stay here a few days while your students recover."

I bow my head in respect as I say appreciatively, "Thank you very much."

We're shown our rooms and I set down my bag. I sit on the edge of my bed and put my head in my hands. That worried feeling for my students, Kai and Hiro hasn't gone away yet.

Who is targeting Avaron? Will they actually appear themselves later? If so, I need to prepare my students just in case.

I remove my Heaven's Wheel Armor and place it back in its sealing scroll. I put my traditional armor back on.

We're called for food and Amaya and I go eat lunch.

As we eat, I say to the silver haired girl, "Once Kai and Hiro are out of the hospital, I'll train you in chakra control."

"Eh? Why? Didn't we complete the mission?" The silver haired girl asks, glancing at me.

"No. I have a feeling that the real enemy is still out there," I tell her, glancing to Avaron who's sitting across from us with her parents. "The ninja we fought aren't the true villains here, are they?"

Her mother says grimly, "No. it's a man named Genji. He's tried to kidnap Avaron before but our guards stopped him. That's why we hired you ninja this time."

"He may try to appear later," I say. "So you need to be prepared. I'll start your training once the boys are out of the hospital."

"Okay, Sensei," The Ikeda nods and resumes eating.

🗡️🗡️🗡️

Two days later and Kai and Hiro were released from the hospital. We're back at the Fukushima residence and Avaron arrives to greet my students.

She looks immensely relieved to see Kai and goes up to him. "I'm so glad you're alright, Kai-kun! I was really worried."

"I'm alright now, Avaron," He tells her.

"Come on! I'll show you to yours and Hiro's rooms and give you a tour!" Says the blond girl before she leads the boys after her.

🗡️🗡️🗡️

I stand before my students in a forest clearing as I start to explain the training exercise.

"Today, we're going to climb a tree," I tell my students, much to their confusion.

""Climb a tree?"" They echo.

Hiro wants to know, "How's that going to help us defeat this Genji guy?"

"It'll be the only way to help you defeat him, Hiro," I retort. "You're familiar with how chakra works?" They all nod. "Your task today is to climb up a tree with no hands. Watch."

I stand in front of a tree and put my hands in the Ram sign. I focus chakra to my feet as I focus on the tree. Once I was finished, I start walking up the tree, without using my hands.

"Hey, she's climbing!" Hiro exclaims.

"And without using her hands!" Amaya adds.

I reach a certain tree branch about ten feet up and stand upside down it, my red hair hanging. "You get the idea," I drawl. I then take out three kunai and chuck them at the ground in front of my students. "Mark each spot on the tree when you fall off from, and try to move past that the next time."

"Alright! I'm gonna nail this one!" Hiro exclaims as they pick up the kunai. They stand in front of three trees and focus their chakra.

It takes them a few minutes but eventually, Amaya, Kai and Hiro start running at their trees. Immediately, Hiro falls off but Kai and Amaya manage to get about twenty feet before they mark the spot.

"Hm, it seems as though two out of three managed to succeed," I muse, seeing the pink haired boy scowling in the ground.

Amaya pokes her tongue teasingly at him from her spot on the branch.

"It's easy, Hiro! You've just gotta focus more on the tree!" She calls down to him.

"I'll get it this time!" He says fiercely before focusing his chakra once again.

After running up the tree, he falls about ten feet.

Kai urges, "You're starting to get it!"

"And you're being annoying!" He shoots back.

For the rest of the day, Kai and Amaya manage to get all the way to the top of the tree while Hiro got halfway.

At dinner, I praise my students, "You've all done well with your training. Hiro, you've still got a ways to go." He scowls with his cheek in his hand. I glance at Amaya and Kai. "In the meantime, you two can take turns at guarding Avaron."

They nod and we resume eating dinner.

Afterwards, Hiro leaves to continue training. Meanwhile, Kai stays to guard Avaron and I go to rest in my bedroom for a bit.