2. {A Day in the Life}

⚠Sexual content⚠

"...A little feature I just discovered about this spear," Emilie said standing a few feet away from the round table the rest of us were sitting around. Drea was standing next to her and I... I was clinging to Drea, having just witnessed Emilie's beloved spear against my wife's throat. The sharp edges of it were a breath away from ripping her throat open. I thought I was going to collapse and die. "I can turn people with it." She finished.

"And how did you discover that?" Keri, our host, asked curiously.

"I was experimenting because my adopted daughter, Wren, has been telling me she wanted me to turn her for a while now." Emilie shrugged. "Tried the spear and Voila..."

"Does that mean you can turn me?" Amelia inquired excitedly. "I'm kinda tired of sucking at breathing. Asthma isn't fun."

"Yeah, if you want," Emilie answered, looking at Molly.

Molly shrugged. "If she wants."

"Anybody else here wanna be an Egralite?" Emilie offered.

Drea raised her hand. "Would I be able to be human again if I don't like it?"

"No." Emilie assured. "Once you turn, that's it."

"Would she be immortal?" I inquired, my curiosity piqued. Because then, that would be perfect. I don't want her to die. I don't want her to ever die. Just a week ago, days shy of our wedding, she crashed her car. She's fine. Of course, she's fine. She's right next to me. Or...was she? What if that was just her ghost— no, she's fine. But, she also could have not been fine. I've seen images of the crash, of her car... I don't even know why she had it at a mechanic. Mechanics weren't magicians. That car needed to be sent to the junkyard. It was written off. She and I both knew that. She was just holding on to sentiments. For now, I'll let her have it and hear for herself that it can't be fixed. Then, I'll buy her a new one. 

Until then, I'm happy she survived and I've been thankful for whatever guardian angel it was that protected her at the time.

I don't want her to ever die.

Emilie nodded to my question."Yes. She would be like Gracie. A full-blood."

"Then, yes, turn her, please," I begged. "She crashed her car the other day, and I almost had a heart attack. Please, turn her."

Drea gawked at me in disbelief. "What-- Baby, you have to turn too then. I can't live an eternity without you."

"Fine," I caved. If it means that I turn too then fine. But I do not at all want there to be an ounce of possibility of her dying. Even though she made it out of that car accident earlier this week with nothing but a few scratches that healed fairly quickly, it had made me realise how quickly I could lose her. The same way I lost my dad, my mom and my husband. I refuse to lose her too.

Emilie simply nodded in understanding. "Anybody else?"

"August," Willow quickly nominated. "And me."

"Molly?" Emilie questioned.

Molly hesitated. "If I turn, would I get a bond with my wife?"

"Yes."

"Would I get abilities?"

"Yes."

"Would I bond with anyone else here?"

"No."

"Okay."