Bonus Chapter 5 - {Rainbow Babies!}

(It is not sad....okay, maybe a little sad. BUT, it is not devastating and they get a happy ending so yeah) :)

Drew's P.O.V

Coral Gables, Miami, FL
Friday, June 6th, 2025, 9:20 am

"Hey, Cuddle Bug!" I spin to see Reilly as she comes back into our bedroom, fully dressed in a dark grey pantsuit. Her makeup is perfectly done and her hair, polished. She comes over slowly, her steps drowned out by the swooshing rain outside. The concern on her face melts my heart.

"You're leaving?"

"I'm leaving." She repeats and leans in for a kiss. "I will be back in time for our appointment."

I pout, clinging onto her. "Call the judge and tell him you're sick."

"But I'm not sick."

"I am, and we are one. Plus, it's raining. Tell him there's a flood and you have to postpone..." I mumble, pulling her down to me. She allows me to, and I lay my head on her chest, trying to absorb as much of her as I possibly can.

"Are you making it rain?" I shake my head, but maybe I should and she wouldn't have to go. Her fingers comb through my hair slowly. "How do you feel today?"

"Like I'm going to be sick all day."

"Ah. It's that day. This is good, right?"

"I guess we'll find out today. Are you scared? I'm terrified that there's not going to be a heartbeat again."

She sighs dishearteningly. Her palm finds my stomach, caressing it. "I really hope this is it. That there will be at least one."

My throat aches because me too. This is our third time trying and I don't think I can do this again if it ends like the others. My hand closes over hers, embracing her touch. "To be honest Rei, I don't think I would want to do this again if—"

"I won't ask you to." She assures. "I'll just do it for us instead."

I smiled appreciatively. She only allowed me to try three times because I had told her I wanted to. I wanted to experience pregnancy and childbirth and she wanted me to get everything I desired. On our second try, she used to tell me it was unlikely for it to happen twice in a row. That everything would be fine, to just stay positive. With it having happened twice in a row, we're both just really anxious now. Standoffish in a way. We're hopeful but we're not getting our hopes up because neither of us can stand to be devastated again.

"I made you breakfast," she tells me, lightening the mood. "and lunch and I brewed some coffee if you think you can handle that today."

I whine at the thought of her leaving again. "Are you late?"

"Not yet. But I'm going to be if I stay any longer."

"Okay, go. It's raining." I roll off her to snuggle back into the bed and the movement stirs up my insides. Suddenly, I'm nauseous with cold sweat washing my body and my vision darkening. Then, I'm sprinting to the bathroom to retch over the toilet. I swear, all of my internal organs are coming out through my mouth. Like every last one. Even my brains.

Just when I think I'm going to die, I feel comforting pats against my back and it makes me feel better immediately. "I'm going to be worrying about you all day." She says sadly.

It takes the strength of God for me to stop and turn to face her. A tear rolls down my cheek from all the straining, and I wipe it swiftly. "Kick ass in court today. I mean it."

She smiles and presses a kiss to my forehead. "I'll only be three hours. I promise."

"Good. Because our appointment is at two." She nods. I point towards the medicine cabinet. "Can you..."