Cast Interview

Christmas music plays in the background being only five days away. The studio was also decorated, a Christmas tree propped by the side of the stage dressed with ornaments and glowing lights. The women sitting around the round table were also dressed for the season, most of them in an assortment of red and green and gold.

Keri wore a bright red suit and a Santa hat on top of her head. She smiled as she glanced around the table of women. It had been a year and a half since their last interview and she couldn't wait to start getting information. "Good evening ladies, and welcome back to our annual interview. I thank you all for taking the time out of your busy lives to join us this evening."

"You're not welcome," Oriane grumbled. Emilie sent her partner a sharp look but Oriane simply shrugged it off.

Keri ignored the remark, smiling at the rest of the women and caught up in the fact that Emilie and Oriane were separated. "Let's introduce ourselves-"

"You know us by now, Keri. Come on now. We do this every year." Oriane pointed out.

"It's for the people, Em-Oriane," Keri reasoned.

"The people know us already."

"You always give the most trouble," Emilie reprimanded.

"I will start," Sierra volunteered with a happy smile. "I am Sierra LaRue. I'm 31 and I'm an Educator."

"Thank you, Sierra. You're always such a delight." Keri smiled at the blonde then shifted her gaze to Grace.

The brunette smiled, displaying a set of dimples. "Graciela LaRue. 33. Phycologist."

Julia snickered at the table. "You look like 13."

"Well guess what?" Grace retorted. "So do you."

"Dr Sloane LaRue," Steph interjected, cutting off the women's banter. "I'm 35 and I'm a surgeon."

"Emilie LaRue, 34, FBI. Oriane," she sent the blonde sitting next to Sierra a side-eye. "Please introduce yourself."

"I-"

"Now!"

"Ooh, the Royal tone!' Julia snickered from across the table, followed by Grace. Sierra sipped her drink to try hiding a laugh while Steph looked between them, worried.

Oriane's jaw clenched as she glared at the woman she had been merged with more than three-quarters of the time. Suddenly, she got up from her seat to approach Emilie. The brunette watched her sceptically. But by the time Emilie could realize what was happening, they were merged. Oriane smiled and ignored a grumbling Emilie inside her head. "I believe she already introduced us."

Keri stared in shock, her jaw slack and eyes unblinking. Then she reacted with a nervous laugh, her eyes glinting. "That was amazing! We'll get back to you on that. More introductions please."

"Adreanna Jones," Drea spoke from next to Emilie. "28, social media influencer and entrepreneur."

"Willow Catherine Jones," the table cooed. Willow flushed, holding Julia's hand tightly beneath the table to steady her nerves. "I'm 32. I'm an artist and a musician."

"Julia Jones," she beamed, her smile wide and happy. "I'm 28 and I'm a motion graphic designer."

"August Skye Jones. 33 and retired," the ex-singer said after Julia, her voice smooth and sing-song-like. Her posture was perfect despite the baby she had snuggling against her chest beneath a swaddling blanket.

Keri smiled at the sight. "And who is that you are holding?"

August looked down at her baby, catching a glimpse of her sleeping face. She always got so emotional just looking at her children, but Arden, Arden made it next to impossible for the singer to imagine life without her in it. In just seventeen days, August and Arden had developed a connection like no other. Of course, August had a connection with all her children, but that was shared. Her connection with Arlo and Aaliyah was equally shared between her and Adreanna. Therefore, it felt more tolerable. Arden was mostly connected to her while also looking mostly like her as well making the connection so strong the singer found herself not wanting to part with her baby even for a second. She felt like she would die if there was ever any space between them and it didn't matter how much Adreanna told her she wouldn't, and that the bond would eventually level out where it didn't feel so intense, at the moment, August felt like space between them would kill her. Therefore, she would not part with her baby. She couldn't.