24.{Beautiful monster}

Julia's POV

Push!

Push!

Push!

"Push, baby! Push!" I screamed, anxiously chewing my nails and walking the entire length of the sparring arena the LaRue's had made for us to train in. Learning to control our abilities was great, but in Emilie's words, we had to learn how to efficiently use them offensively.

Today, Drea was up against Molly. The thought of it alone scared the shit out of me. For one, my wife had passive abilities that were not at all fit to go against someone as aggressive as Molly. Molly was very, very aggressive.

It was an unfair pairing.

"It's a necessary pairing," Grace corrected as I slowed to a stop next to her. My eyes found hers as she continued. "You're all Egralites now, which means if Thirdland hunters come after us again, they will sense you all too. If and when that happens, you need to be ready and prepared to go against any abilities. Not just ones you think are equal to yours."

I gulped, staring at her, dumbfounded as her words sunk in. Thirdland hunters will sense us. Fuck. Fuck. What the fuck have we gotten ourselves into?

"Come next week, you guys will learn about Zone 1, zone 2 and the evacuation protocol."

"Evacuation protocol?" I repeated.

Before Grace could respond, a series of grunts drew my attention back to the arena, and I saw my wife trying her best to block Molly's attacks. She was playing defence. Something that was not at all surprising if she's going up against someone who has super strength.

Super strength!

Of course, she's going to get her ass kicked. But just as I was about to tuck myself away to not witness the traumatic sight, I heard, "Stop!"

It was Sierra's voice and man was I so happy to hear it. My heart lurched with newfound excitement as I watched the short-haired blonde rise from her seat with one hand in the air to approach both women. Drea was on the ground on her back with Molly over her, pinning her down. But she didn't look physically hurt.

Molly didn't hurt her. Thank God!

Thank you, Molly.

The raven-haired woman got off her and stepped back offering my wife a hand to pull her up. They laughed about something, and do a bro hug fist bump type shit before her eyes found me on the sidelines and she came over.

"Sloane and Isabelle, please come forth," Sierra announced, her gaze searching the crowd for the women. They came forward slowly, both dressed in tracksuits. Steph's was a light baby blue and purple and her hair was done in a side fishtail braid that hung down her left shoulder. Isabelle's tracksuit was pink and white. Her hair was caught into a ponytail and she had her freshly cut bangs curling down her forehead. She teleported into the arena while Steph simply parted the ropes and crawled in between them. Sierra momentarily reached for her wife, kissing her on the lips before releasing her again to address both women. "Please do not physically harm your opponent. Simply get them to yield. Understood?"

Both Steph and Isabelle nodded, looking at each other with eyes that were softly glowing. With that, Sierra left the arena, shouting for them to begin. They stared at each other for a long moment, circling round and round. Abruptly, Isabelle attacked, teleporting and appearing right behind Steph to land her blow. The redhead blocked it and dropped into a crouch on the ground to kick Isabelle off balance. It worked but before the brunette fell to the ground, she teleported again. Steph's eyes searched for her but she didn't find her wife's triplet sister.