Bonus Chapter 8 - {Surprise!}

Willow's POV

August 17th

Arden and....my baby will have separate rooms. We have a seven-bedroom mansion, therefore, all the kids can have their own rooms while we still comfortably have a room for Laura and other guests if they come over. In addition to that, Drea has her zone, Julia has her media studio, I have my art studio and August has her music room. There is also a playroom for Alex and a rec room for the entire family.

I'm in what will be our son's nursery. Drea still won't tell me his name, so I'm left to guess. I hate alliterated names. Is she sure I did that? Because I can't see myself actually doing that. Why did I fumble? Why did I cave? Why did I do it?

Ugh! The thoughts drive me crazy to think about.

I shall be calling him Ro! Regardless of what his name will be. Aggressively, I drag my wrist along the wall, creating a long, bold brush stroke. I'm thinking of doing a mural in this room but I'm not really even feeling it. I feel lazy and too tired to do anything. But I'm excited and want to be doing everything, including a mural. It makes no sense.

I make no sense.

With a sigh, I drop the paintbrush again, for what feels like the millionth time this week, and turn to leave the room. "At least I got half of one wall painted," I mumble, peeling off the gloves and apron I am wearing to throw into a corner before stepping out into the hall. At this rate, I should be finished with his entire room in the next 6-8 business weeks.

Sigh.

It's quiet upstairs and I have no idea where everybody was. My guess, the backyard. I contemplate joining them or going to our bedroom to take a nap. The urge to nap wins. It makes me feel guilty because I've been trying to paint the nursery for the better part of the afternoon, then when I finally get done with that, I disappear again to go to sleep for hours, not seeing anyone. But I just feel so drained all the time and if I don't take a nap, I will fall asleep with my eyes open. So, really, I have no choice.

I pout my way to our room, discovering Julia snuggling in bed beneath the quilt. Suddenly, I don't feel so guilty anymore. With a smile, I hurry to the bathroom to wash any paint off then join her in bed. The moment I slither beneath the quilt, she scoots closer, throws an arm around my back and pulls me in close. I wrap an arm around her waist and hoist her leg up over my hip before settling down. We sigh together and quickly after that, I fall asleep.

I wake up alone. Julia is no longer in bed with me and as I look at the time, I can see that it's late. It's about dinner time. Instantly, I notice how hungry I am. I feel like I have a gaping void in my stomach trying to eat me from the inside out. Then I start to feel queasy because of how hungry I am. I pull the sheets back and slide out of bed against my will, only to stumble as I take the first step to the bathroom.

"Hey—whoa!" August is by the door with a food tray in her hand. At the sight of me, her eyes widen and she rushes over with it, setting it down carefully on the bed. Then, her arm is around my shoulder. "You okay?"

"I'm starving!" I tell her truthfully. "I need food asap but I also need to pee really badly."

She nods and helps me to the bathroom. "I had a feeling you might be hungry." She reveals. "So I thought I'd take dinner to you."

"Thank you," I tell her as I wash my hands. Then I brush my teeth trying to get rid of the metallic taste in my mouth, before allowing her to usher me back to bed. "Where's Drea?" I wonder, climbing on again and instantly reaching for the plate and fork.

"Getting Alex ready for bed," she sits next to me, peers the fork from my hand and starts feeding me instead.

I don't fight her about it. Instead, I enjoyed being spoiled and pampered. "I miss her," I complain with a pout.