Bonus Chapter 3 - {Hi Mama!}

Willow's P.O.V

West Hollywood, CA
Friday, May 24th, 2025 4:00 pm PST

"My goodness!" August complains, wiping the beads of sweat now forming below her hairline. She turns her blue eyes to look at me as if she utterly can not believe it. "Baby, you don't feel this heat?"

"I do, but talking will not make it better, A, nor will it make it cooler. Carbon dioxide emissions bring heat."

Her mouth clamps shut and twists into a scowl. I resist the urge to laugh. "No one told me pregnancy would've made you so mean," she complained. "I shall be telling my wives about this."

"Go right ahead," I advised, lifting my chin up.

She gives me a side eye as she leans forward– to free her hair from where it is trapped between her body and the backrest of the custom leather seats of our Lexus LX SUV– and begins combing it into a ponytail with her fingers. I watch, seeing the short baby hairs at her nape sticking to her skin and sleek with sweat. I reach out and slowly uncurl a small piece. She pauses, her eyes narrowing into slits as she watches me. "L.A is so hot!" she whines again. Then she manifests a hair tie from somewhere to secure her hair into a ponytail before she wraps it around itself. "We should've gone to New York."

"And how would we get back to L.A. before 6 pm, Ms Skye? Teleportation is not an option for this and you know that."

We have the Grammy's here tonight so flying in as early as possible today was a must. We're coming all the way from London which is an 11-hour non-stop flight. We left immediately after her show at the Wembley Stadium in London, UK, to start our journey across the globe at minutes after 2 in the morning. Now, twelve hours later, Mike is driving us down the interstate towards our West Hollywood home where we shall get some well-needed food,  rest and meet up with our other women. I am beyond excited.

August only shrugs at my question, not bothering with a verbal answer just because she knows I'm right. Instead, she turns her attention to the bald-headed man chauffeuring us. "Mike, how far out are we?"

"Just a couple minutes, Mrs Jones."

With a nod, she turns back to me, smiling faintly before her head rests on my shoulder. My fingers are instantly twisting and combing slowly through that one piece that is left out at her nape and, I swear, she's purring. She purrs every time I play with her hair and eventually will just fall right asleep. "Keep doing that," she mumbled and as the words left her lips, I felt the seat recline just the slightest. She coaxes her leg up over mine then, cuddling into my side, she sighs.

"Do not fall asleep." I breathe to her and watch her face get pouty. "I can't lift you out of the car."

I hear her gentle laugh at that, and then she whines. "But I'm tired."

"Awww," I cup her face, stroking her cheek tenderly. "Baby's tired?" She nods, her bottom lip jolting out and her eyes doubling in size. "Alright, baby can rest her eyes for a minute." She grins sheepishly. "When we get home."

She whines.

"We're here!" Mike announces. I glance out the window and see that we are driving into the garage. August sits up and glances around. Then, with a gasp, peers the door open like an excited child and hops out. "Come on," she urges, pulling at my hand.

"I'm literally trying to get out of the car." I grab my phone and AirPods before exiting and walking around the car towards her.

She reaches for me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and pulling me in. We enter the house like that. Lucile is already here and greets us by the door with a warm welcoming smile. "Welcome home! I brewed coffee and made some lunch. Will you be having anything?"