25. {I'll Never Love Again}

Willow's POV

I woke up in a bed I knew wasn't mine just by the way it smelt. Everything else was the same and would've convinced me I was home. That I had just dreamt of Drea coming to get me this morning and then us being cuddled in their bed together. I had fallen asleep in her embrace. Fuck.

That was bad.

Wait, I was on my period! I flew up to scrutinise the sheets, sighing when I discovered it was still pristine. I didn't bother sitting back down, deciding to go freshen up. My overnight bag was on the loveseat near the sliding doors and I went over to it, searching for fresh underwear and stuff. Then I made my way into the bathroom Drea had shown me how to find earlier and took a warm shower.

I hated being on my period. It was the worst 7 days of my life each time it came. I hate the pain more than anything else because it would always be crippling. August would always plan around it so she could be with me at least but this time, it came early. I woke up and discovered it two hours before we were to get on a plane, ruining my trip. August had to go to a seminar with her dad and a couple of other steak holders for his company in London. She couldn't ditch or postpone it at such short notice, and I couldn't get on a plane like this.

It was the worst.

With a sigh, I turned the water off, dried myself with my own towel and then got dressed again. I wore super absorbent period underwear in addition to a tampon for added protection because I was very paranoid about messing up anywhere. I would just collapse and die if that ever happened.

I left the bathroom, got rid of my worn clothes and then went out to the living room, it was quiet but Drea and Alex were on the couch. She had him snuggled onto her shoulder, parting his back softly and swaying with him. The sight made me smile. They were so cute.

It was my intention to admire them unnoticed for a moment but Alex's eyes cracked open and locked onto me. At the discovery, he shot up in her arms and grinned. Drea turned to look at me then, giving me a warm smile as I continued over. "Hi," I greeted.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like trash," I told her truthfully.

She nodded in understanding, her eyes still locked onto me. "Are you still in pain?"

"Yeah, but it's fine."

"Let me get Alex down for a nap and I'll get some more painkillers for you," she offered.

I nodded, refusing to argue with her. Arguing doesn't work. I had learnt that this morning. She gestured for me to sit on the couch and I did, then she resumed to lulling her baby to sleep and I watched. There was a lot about this woman that I admired. She had a hospitable personality that I found endearing. That along with her thoughtfulness and her willingness to go above and beyond for what she cared about. Her dedication, her charisma. Her physique was the last of it but could not be left out.

It wasn't until she was walking away that I had realized Alex had fallen asleep and she had gone to put him down. I thought about following but my phone rang in my hand, startling me. It was Laura so I answered. "Mom..."

"How are you?"

"Are you sure you need grandkids because..."

"Well, August could always do the deed," Laura suggested. "Isn't that one of the perks of having a relationship with another woman? Get rid of the womb if it's offending you."

"I would if I could," I pouted. "Plus, you know your daughter isn't going to get pregnant. Like ever. Is she okay? Are you guys in London yet?"

Laura chuckled. "Far from. She's still out like a lamp. I just thought I'd check in on my other daughter and see if Adreanna and Julia are treating you well."