Bonus Chapter 7 - {Lucky guess}

Willow's POV

July 4th

Everyone has been in LA with us since Drea's birthday last week, so we're having a BBQ today. We decided to make it a fun competition and have a cook-off. Therefore, we're split into two teams. Red and blue. The Red team will be cooking for the Blue team and vice versa. If they vote your food as bad, then you get to clean up after the BBQ, but if they vote it as good, then you get dessert.

If someone votes the food as bad when it was actually good, then they get no dessert, clean up after the BBQ and go to bed early.

Laura was the referee since we had an uneven number of people. I was on a team with August and Antoinette. August!! August who burns water. 😭

Listen, I love her, but we're going to lose.

"I'm thinking uhm, Texas Twinkies," Antoinette voiced. "And we'll just leave out some mashed potatoes and steak for Alex and Lenore since it's jalapenos."

"Can we do an Ambrosia fruit salad or something like that?" I asked. I loved that, and I have been feeling for it a lot lately.

Antoinette nodded, then looked to August for her input. "Steakhouse grilled mushrooms," she said with a nod. "And maybe a cole-slaw."

"Sounds good," Antoinette said, and she had a notepad writing things down. "I'll focus on the Twinkies, Willow, you got the salad?"

"Actually, let August do the salad because babe, I love you but I don't trust you to do anything else right now."

"I wouldn't trust me either," she mumbled, frowning.

"I will be giving you everything you need in the right portions and all you have to do is combine them." I comforted. She smiled faintly. "Perfect!"

"Alright so between the two of you, you're doing the Ambrosia, the mushrooms and the kebabs. I'll do the Twinkies."

"Do you need any help grilling the steaks or anything like that?"

"Yeah. I could use a hand getting these on them we can focus on prepping everything else."

"Alright."

We get right to it. We have three hours till dinner so we have to make it count. Laura has the kids in the pool, splashing while the rest of us slaves over the outdoor grills. Mostly, I got August to just strip and peel the vegetables. She doesn't mind and is even very good at it, though a bit slow. But, I'm proud of her for getting it all done. She even starts the mashed potatoes, putting them on the fire to boil. Then she is marinating the chicken with all the ingredients I measure out. While she does all that, I help Antoinette get the ribeyes on the grill and focus on getting them perfectly BBQ.

There was music around us and the summer breeze blowing but the smell of BBQ was the best of it all. It was heavenly, especially that pork I could smell from behind us. Mhm mhmm!

I glance over my shoulder and see my wives and Brad, chatting and laughing as they work. Their table looks stacked with so many different things and for a moment, I worried we weren't doing enough.

"I'm done," August said, kissing my shoulder. "Should I make the mashed potatoes? I think they are done boiling."

"Can you?" I asked, hopeful.

She nodded. "Yes, just tell me what to put in it."

I told her and even went and found them for her before turning to leave her be again. She stopped me by momentarily blocking my path. Her eyes canvase my face. "How are you feeling?

I blushed at the question and debated telling her that my feet and back hurt because then, Drea would hear and both of them would make me go sit down, leaving mostly Antoinette to do everything which is not fair. So, I simply nodded to her question and gave her a reassuring kiss on the lips. "I'm okay."