29. {Happy Birthday}

⚠️sexual content ahead ⚠️

I have to say, looking upon the stars from my roof and being amongst them were two distinct things. I never thought there would ever be a time when the fabric of space would feel normal to me. But after being in an airship for five days, it began to feel just as normal as being on Earth. Emilie said we would be there within a few days. Ambrose and his army weren't far behind either, but there were a few light years between us. So, for the time being, we could relax somewhat.

It was late Tuesday night, around eleven pm on December 3rd. August's birthday. We knew the dates and time because Andromeda announced it to us twice a day. My phone is also still working on an EST time, which I found crazy, but hey, who's complaining?

While August was still sleeping this morning, the rest of us woke up to surprise her with breakfast in bed. Then, we spent the next hour with her trying to create as perfect a birthday as possible while in an airship out of space before we inevitably had to go to training.

Training was brutal. We had to spar with Drew and Reilly for the first couple of hours and I hated it. While Drew's abilities couldn't... okay, her weather control to my flight was like carbon dioxide to fire. She always fucked with the winds and I end up falling. But my intangibility made me immune to the effects of her force field and, for that, I was grateful. 

Reilly was my sworn enemy. I HATE her. I hate her more than Sierra. Especially during sparring. I hate her abilities. I hate everything. *pouts* She was overpowered, and it was unfair. Why... whose grand idea was it to let her be a shapeshifter? And then, on top of that, you give her the ability of having the abilities of the person she shapeshifts into???????

Like honestly? 

So, I got my ass kicked this morning and I am salty about it. 

On top of that, my neck was hurting from walking around with a crown on my head the rest of the day. Being a princess was not as pretty as it sounds.

With a sigh, I put my AirPods in and strutted to the bathroom. It was a bathroom we all shared with multiple shower stalls. Inside, it always felt way too quiet to me and I hated being there alone, but always didn't want to bother anyone to follow me. So tonight, I had my AirPods in and Vampires, by Olivia Rodrigo, cranked up to the highest volume I could tolerate.

I rather shower this late because by then, all the kids would have already had their baths and everyone would be in bed. Drea showered earlier with Alex. I much rather avoid the crowd. This time of night was perfect. I left her and Alex back in our bunker. She was catching up on sleep after an exhausting day of training. Willow and August had snuck out to the caf to steal snacks to bring back to our bunker. I hope they brought back some ice cream for me.

I flung the curtains to one of the shower stalls open and stepped in, already removing my towel. The sight before me made me stop. August and Willow, eyes glowing and naked were tangled up with each other against the wall. A sudden green glow flashed between us that I chalked up as one of Andromeda's sensors going off. She had sensors everywhere, flashing periodically. The seconds passed slowly as all three of us stared at each other in shock. Then, my brain registered the sight of wet hairs, skin and the point where their bodies connected, and it all sank in.

I retreated slowly, rewrapping my towel and closing the curtains again.

"Carry on. I'm sorry," I said as I spun to look for another shower. But it was the farthest from the truth and while it wasn't the first time I had ever accidentally walked in on one of them naked, this time I saw everything. Was it just me or did it seem like August had a— Maybe she fabricated a strap-on? Yeah...