20.(18+)

Apo.

He lay on the couch and I lay between his legs with the back of my head resting on his chest.

He listened attentively while grazing my hair with his fingers.

He hugged me on multiple occasions reminding me that he was still here and he was ready to listen.

He did not interrupt me but the way his voice hitched could tell that he was somehow affected.

I got stuck multiple times..I was doubting whether I should tell him everything in detail or not.

He nodded as if he knew what was troubling me and I took that as motivation.

"He did it multiple times.. anytime he felt like "punishing me'' for literally just existing he barged into my room or dragged me into his office..''

I trailed off.

He gently squeezed my palm.

"His wife just watched..she watched everything and I'm not saying there's much she could've done but..''

"Apo..I'm sure if she wanted to help she would've helped,''

"Yeah..you're probably right,''

I told him everything in detail..from the depression
..to the insults...to the homophobia I had to go through...to the surgery and to how I got to meet my foster mother.

Everything about my life.. everything I had been so scared to bring up..my most traumatic and sensitive part.

"Why are you crying Mile?''I chuckled but he was literally ugly sobbing.

"I'm so sorry Apo..I'm sorry I didn't meet you sooner..I'm sorry you had to go through all that..you're a literal angel..you're amazing baby,''

He gently kissed my forehead.

"It's ok Mile.. I'm somehow getting better day by day..I'm learning to live again..but something like that..you understand it takes time right?I still feel his handprints all across me when I look at myself in the mirror...But the most important thing is that I embrace my scars,''

"Apo..as long as I'm alive I promise you that man won't lay as much as a finger on you again..it's either he goes to hell or I will drag him with me if I have to,''

The look he had on his face...I have never seen him so..

I was scared for a moment there.

"Mile calm down..you don't have t-''

"No baby..you don't have to worry about anything..my precious angel,''he cupped my cheeks again.

"I will find him for you..and I'll personally deal with him,''

"You're not going to kill him are you?''

"I won't make any promises I can't be able to keep,''

"Mile don't talk like that..you could go to jail if you kill someone,''

"He's still out there..who knows how many kids are going through what you went through?''

"Mile!''

Had he gone crazy?

"How about one leg?I'll keep it as a souvenir,''

"Mile stop you're scaring me,''

I was actually terrified now.

He seemed to notice and he quickly changed his demeanor.

His eyes were warm again.

"Who or what even are you?''