28

Mile.

"You're late,''he said throwing his duffel bag at me.

I quickly caught it before it hit my face slinging it over my shoulder.

"I uhh-,''i hesitated."I as a matter of factedly have no excuse..I'm sorry for keeping you waiting baby,''I replied.

"Whatever..I expected it anyway..let's just go home already..im exhausted,''

There's something about hearing the word *home* from him that just excited me.

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?''

"Hello I'm Apo's boyfriend..we made it official yesterday..thank you for inviting us..we were actually debating on a place to spend time together for the weekend,''he said holding out his hand.

"Oh..you don't say?''I replied raising a brow at Apo who had his face buried in his palms.

He sighed tiredly frowning at his friend or should I say *boyfriend* who just shrugged in response.

"Mile..this is Tong..my childhood best friend,''

"Ohoo Po..why did you have to ruin the fun!''Tong whined.

"Didn't I tell you he is an insane man?..what am I supposed to do when he skins you alive.. perhaps even worse,''Apo replied.

"Whatever..I'm most probably more insane than him..listen here Phakphum..my son right here has gone through enough..if you push him to his breaking point I will personally feed you to my piranhas,''he said jabbing my shoulder with his finger.

"I don't think you should be threatening me To-''

"Do I look like I give a fuck? Am I understood Mr Phakphum? You should know I'm neither afraid of jail time nor instant death,''

I've met a lot of threatening people..but this one? No one could match up to him.

"Understood,''I said raising my hands and he fixed my suit smiling like nothing happened.

"Great..let's get going then I have to take pictures before sunset,''

"But it's 10am,''Apo said but Tong waved his hands dismissively.

"Baby..this friend of yours..''I asked.

"Don't worry he's perfectly fine..you'll be fine once you get to know him better,''

"He packed all that for a weekend?''

"I'm also asking myself the same question but I wouldn't dare question him again,''

"I missed you,''I said sliding my hand in his.

"It has been less than a week Mile,''

"That's still a very long time,''

"If you say so-''

He suddenly stopped in his tracks looking behind confused.

"What's wrong?why did you stop?''