*1* The beginning of everything

I never expected that you will come and be the one who will change my life forever.
I never knew that you'll be the one
I will want to call mine.
You came unexpected.
You ruined all my plans, changed all my goals.
But you know what?
Thank you!
Thank you for making me want to love again.
You, my most unexpected beauty!

★★

Gemini entered the stage

Gemini entered the stage. His fans greeted him with thunderous applause and loud cheers. This was his life, his work and his passion, and he considered himself lucky. He smiled at them, tossing in the air a pink microphone decorated with tiny artificial diamonds, his own design. His friend Pond Naravit Lertratkosum, who was hosting the event, had already introduced him and announced the name of the song Gemini was to sing. The nineteen-year-old didn't feel any stage fright, it wasn't his first performance. He looked around and sadly noted that not all seats were occupied. Those empty seats were like bullets in his eyes, they stung and hurt, testifying to his own failure. He knew why. He didn't let these thoughts ruin his enjoyment of today's performance.

The lights dimmed. There was silence in the room. Gemini closed his eyes, took a deep breath and let himself be carried away by the music.

He sang well, he didn't make a mistake even once, but Pond, standing not so far away from him, could clearly hear that his songs were missing something, some spark, as if the young artist didn't understand the words he was singing. Still, fans were delighted. He stood completely alone on the stage, surrounded only by dancing lights and the sounds of music. It was a perfect representation of his somewhat lonely life: he had fans who supported him and cheered him on, he had friends like Prim, Pond and Joong, he had brothers, and yet there was no one close to him.

"Don't you think Gem has changed?" Pond leaned towards P'Erin, who was sitting in a chair at the dressing table backstage.

"No, not really, for me he's the same as always, just as feisty, just as mean and just as confident, nothing new". She replied, but even she couldn't shake the intriguing feeling that something had changed. When P'Tong applied makeup to the boy's face, he could see that his eyes were dark circles and bloodshot from lack of sleep, and his skin was unnaturally gray, as if he hadn't been out in the sun for weeks.

"Aren't you worried?"

"What should I tell you? Yes, I'm worried, but he won't listen to me. No matter what I told him, he wouldn't listen to me".

Pond shrugged. After all, maybe this is just his friend's temporary condition? Maybe he just didn't get enough sleep and that's all. Everyone has the right to have a bad day. The real problem was that Gemini had had a lot of bad days like that lately.

"But... P'Erin..." He started and didn't finish. The rest of his statement was drowned out by the shrill squeals and screams of the fans and Gemini's loud laughter, amplified by the microphone and loudspeakers. Gemini laughed loudly, as if in spite of Pond. For one brief magical moment, he seemed genuinely happy.