*Last Chapter* The lights that blinded us

The most beautiful evening in New York, Gemini was about to receive the reward he had dreamed of many years ago, and which was now literally within his reach.  In the car, before they got out, he kissed his fiancé deeply but briefly.  Fourth smiled after the kiss, brushing a stray lock of hair from Gem's forehead.

“You look really stunning today, khun Gemini khub,” — He said, looking at him with love and a glint of pride in his eyes.  Gemini shook his hand.

“I know, I'm always handsome, that why you've fallen for me” — Gem answered with blink of one eye. — “Come on, let's go, they're waiting for us”.

Fourth turned to the other side, where his twin brother's daughter was sitting in a baby car seat.  He unbuckled her seat belt and let her get out first.  Alice was still a child, but you could already see the charm and grace in her, which she certainly didn't get from her biological father's genes.  Fourth left the limo right behind his adoptive daughter, and after a while Gemini joined them, hugging Fourth around the waist with a possessive gesture.  This gesture was to tell everyone: "Stay away from my fiancé, he is mine and mine alone, and believe me, you don't want to know what I'm like when I'm jealous."

The glare of the headlights blinded them.  Camera flashes were flashing on all sides.  At the same moment, as Fourth was supporting little Alice with one hand and waving with the other to the spectators and photographers gathered around the red carpet, a gunshot rang out.

Fourth slid down onto the carpet, letting go of Alice.

“Dad Fot!” — The little one screamed.

The next series of gunshots scared everyone beyond laughter.  Gemini collapsed right next to his boyfriend a moment later.  With the last of his strength, he crawled closer and grabbed his beloved's hand.  One look was enough for him to understand that Fourth was dying.

“N-no… Please don't go away… FotFot...Okie?” – That's all he could say before his own heart gave out on him.

The last thing he saw was NuNew's ghostly face.

Annabelle.

Someone freed Annabelle.  This meant that the mission they thought was completed was not over at all, but the task was no longer theirs.  Fourth, who lived a few minutes longer, moved closer and, in the last seconds of Gemini's life, cupped his face in his hands and placed a loving kiss on his lips.

“I promise you that we will always find each other.  Always, in every life and in every universe, I will seek you and love you.  I promise you, Gemini”.

And Fourth Nattawat died in front of his twin brother's daughter, whom he loved as his own.  He died in the blinding glare of the spotlight, taking with him to the grave the secret of his great courage and limitless love.

NuNew, resembling the disturbing Annabelle again, laughed mockingly.

“In the end, I won.  You never had a chance against me. Never! What can you say? Did you really believed that something called 'love' can save your life? It's not a fairy tale, babe, it's a novel and I'm the king, I'm the one behind everything. You deserved to die and I deserve the fame and love. Ha ha ha ha!”

His laughter was cut off midway as several gunshots were fired at him.  Phuwin, standing nearby, held a drawn bow from which he had just released a poisoned arrow.  The arrow was soaked in holy water collected from four temples over the past seven days.

The souls of Gemini and Fourth were released from their earthly bodies.  The two stood next to Phuwin, but their figures did not radiate the coldness typical of ghosts.  On the contrary, they were surrounded by an aura of warmth and love.