*48* A bit closer to the truth

Gemini POV

“Fourth escaped from custody”. I didn't think such words would make me so happy.

We sat in my apartment as gloomy as a stormy night, reviewing all available information about not only the mysterious deaths of LiMing and Heart, but also about the plane hijacking.  Phuwin tried to hack the laptop that he had somehow stolen from P'Mile's house.  We were sure we would find something interesting there, but so far P'Mile has proven to be smarter.  He hid all the important files and folders, some of them protected with passwords in such a way that even my brother had trouble getting to them.

Dunk and First were reading case files from several years ago that P'First had secretly copied.

I looked at the photos and discovered a detail that had escaped my attention at first.  Tattoo.  Perhaps a fragment of the tattoo protruding beyond the neckline of the gray T-shirt the boy was wearing.  I was still afraid to rejoice, but I already felt that a huge stone had fallen from my heart.  P'Mile was lying, as usual.  It wasn't my Fourth as they tried to tell us.

Yesterday late afternoon, when we returned from work, I took the fake Gun to his hideout, and then, accompanied by P'First and Phuwin, we went to the house of First and Fourth's fathers.  This time P'Apo was also present, but as it turned out, he was no less conceited and cruel than P'Mile.  He welcomed us very coldly and unpleasantly, and in the end we didn't learn anything new.  We returned to the apartment disappointed.

I didn't wait for anything more, I called Dr. Khaotung and had him come to us.  He arrived within fifteen minutes and sat down as far away from P'First as possible, whom he glared at from time to time.  Well, at least these two will never become a couple.  I don't know if I should be happy, but... I had some suspicions that I wanted to check.

“Doctor, did you say something about the Jirochtikul triplets?  Is it possible for blood tests to give false results?”

“False result?  What do you mean?”

“For example, the fact that as triplets they may have very similar DNA.  The blood found on that suitcase may not be Fourth's.  If LiMing was really his brother...”

“I know what you mean, but it's rather unlikely.  I rather bet it's really Fourth's blood.  Your friend has a lot of scars, I think someone could have easily taken his blood and then used it to confuse us”.

The Doctor looked suggestively at First.  He didn't trust him.  I had to somehow convince him that P'First was on our side.  It took me another ten minutes.

“So, back to our Jirochtikul triplets... So what was it like with them?”

“According to our hospital database, Mrs. Jirochtikul gave birth to triplets, the oldest of them was LiMing, then Gun, and finally Fourth.  The names were chosen by P'Apo”..

“Do we have another brother?” First suddenly joined the conversation and looked like someone who wasn't expecting it at all.  I looked at Dr. Khaotung and nodded to him.  I didn't trust P'First anymore either, not after what he had done but we had to pretend that we believe him, maybe he has some interesting informations for us after all.

P'First was in the group that arrested my Fourth, I couldn't let him get away with it.  None of us really wanted to talk to him anymore, but this smartass somehow convinced my brother, Dunk.  I know now that they have known each other for a long time, but... When Dunk brought First with him, I wanted to ask them both out of my apartment.  First insisted he had something important to say.  He explained to us that Fourth's arrest was just a precautionary measure.  Apparently, the police already have their suspect in planning the hijacking of the plane and the murder of the pilots.  We had no right to tell anyone that Fourth had been arrested.  He was replaced at work by his twin brother, Gun, whom I personally picked up from the bus stop where he was waiting for me.  Gun also didn't know what the real reason for Fourth's absence was.  I told him that Fourth was sick and I didn't want to piss P'Erin off by asking her for another day off.