*31* Secrets of abandoned school

An hour later, Billy and Babe escorted them to their destination

The building turned out to be huge. The windows on the lowest two floors were broken, the walls inside and out were covered with graffiti, and the wooden window sills were covered with moss, as if the place had been abandoned not a few years earlier, but at least 20.

Phu shook as a chill ran through his body at the sight of the eerie building.

"Let's go home, please. This place is cursed". Phuwin said, tugging at the sleeve of the youngest Tangsakyuen. Gemini wasn't about to give up, he didn't want to look like a coward.

"No. I already told you, there's nothing to be afraid of. Ghosts are harmless".

"Ghosts may be harmless, but devils and demons are different".

"I don't believe in any demons. It's just how human brains work, there's nothing to be afraid of. It's just an old, empty building."

But this "old empty building" seemed to have heard their conversation, and somewhere nearby on the floor they were on, they heard the sound of a door closing angrily. Phuwin jumped up in fear.

"I'm begging you, Gem, let's go home".

"If you want, you can go back, I can't. I have to stay here, I have to go through this test. For Fourth. I don't think you understand this at all. You don't know anything about true love, do you?"

Gemini didn't know why he said that. For a long time he tried to ignore his own feelings for Fourth, he was afraid that this handsome and charming boy with a mysterious past would hurt him, break his heart, but the place they were in now, his terrifyingly empty and lifeless interior, made him feel that he couldn't lie or keep his mouth shut.

"You think so?" Phuwin just asked.

"Yes. If you understood what true love is, you wouldn't tell me to go back to my safe and comfortable home where we're safe from danger. Have you seen P'Mile, doesn't this man seem cruel to you? Are you willing to let him continue to hurt and imprison an innocent boy? I think P'Mile has already done enough damage to Fourth. So how? Are you coming with me or are you going home?"

Phuwin hesitated. His fear in such a place only intensified. He consoled himself with the thought that he was not alone, that Gemini would be with him.

"I'm going with you," he decided. "But we will be attached to each other all this time".

Phuwin took a white rope from his backpack, which wasn't very thick, but looked very solid and durable. With a small but sharp penknife he cut off a large piece, then tied one end around Gem's wrist and the other around his own.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm preventing you from leaving me alone when something starts happening".

"Don't panic, nothing will happen. It's just an old, harmless building".