*45* Livestream with jealousy

P'Erin had no idea about the boys' investigation, so she couldn't predict how much she would disrupt their plans with her new idea.  She had just received a message from P'Off: the boys had been selected to participate in a new project, but this time the preparations would take a little longer.  P'Erin carefully reviewed each actor's allergy information.  Fortunately, Gemini was able to take part in this.  He, Joong and NuNew were considered the highlights of the show.  They were supposed to attract the largest possible audience to the screens of computers, laptops and phones.  The program was to appear on YouTube, TikTok and briefly on Instagram.

She gathered them in her special office and said:

“I have a new job for you.  Well paid.  You will perform in an entertainment program that will be broadcast live”.

P'Erin clapped her hands.  Pond looked at Joong in disbelief.

“But all of us?!”

There were eight of them in the room, apart from Joong, Pond, Gemini and Fourth, they were also accompanied by: NuNew, Aungpao, Book Kasidet, Mark Pakin and Java, and the hosts of the program were Tay Tawan and Gun Atthaphan.  Tay took Newwiee with him, Pond invited Phuwin, and Joong, as if to spite Pond (Gemini thought they must have argued about something), took Dunk with him.

Two days later they were already there and settled in four-person rooms as follows:

Room 232: Gemini, Fourth, Joong and Dunk.

Room 233: Phuwin, Pond, NuNew (First asked Phuwin to watch him closely and try not to let him out of his sight; First had a feeling that the popular artist might have had a hand in the strange crime they were trying to solve) and Java.

Room 234: Tay, Newwie, Off and Gun.

Room 235: Mark, Aungpao and Book.

The remaining rooms were occupied by the rest of the crew: camera operators, lighting technicians, makeup artists, costume designers and other specialists in their field.

There was an additional attraction on the premises of their hotel that was not just an attraction for them: it was a stud farm.  Gemini watched with delight the powerful, well-built animals that walked in a small meadow hidden between the trees.  The hotel itself was located on the outskirts of the forest, accessed by a gravel path.

P'Off gathered his charges and showed them the animals.

“You're probably wondering what we're doing here?  Ooooh, this is part of the task that awaits you.  You will spend two weeks here without access to the Internet, telephone or television, and without cars, scooters or bicycles.  It's something like a survival school.  P'Erin will now collect your phones and tablets, turn them off and give them to P'Erin.  P'Erin will come to you in the evening for the rest of the electronic devices.  Your families have already been informed about everything, so there is no reason to panic.  Please give back the smartwatches too”. P'Off looked a bit menacingly at Aungpao, who was trying to hide the smartwatch by hiding his hand behind his back.  P'Erin approached everyone with a large white cloth bag and gathered the devices.

“And what about laptops?  Can we keep them?” Gemini had a good reason for asking.  He often wrote down his thoughts and experiences in a kind of diary and had no desire to write the same by hand in a notebook with a pen.

“You won't have access to the Internet anyway.  I asked the owner of this hotel to turn off the WiFi”.

“Okay, but I guess we can keep the laptops?”