*28* Brothers on a mission

Gemini abandoned his writing, closing his laptop

Gemini abandoned his writing, closing his laptop.  He reached for his phone and immediately contacted Phuwin, sending him a short but firm message.

Gem: Come to me as soon as possible, we need to talk.

Phuwin and Gemini lived in the same building but on different floors.  That's why Phu may have witnessed something that could shed new light on the case.  Gemini clung to this possibility like a drowning man clung to straws.  Phu might have some answers, so it was worth swallowing your pride this once and talking to him honestly.

He didn't get an answer until three century-long minutes later.  And it was annoyingly short.

Asshole Brother Phu: Why?  Write to me, I don't want to walk so far, I had a hard day, forgive me today

This news unnerved him.  He clenched his hand into a fist and slammed it on the desk.

“Ouch!”  He hissed, rubbing his sore hand.  “I'll pay you back someday, Phuwin, you idiot”.

Despite his anger, he couldn't let go of talking to him.  He wanted to know what Phu had seen and recorded.  And also why?

Gritting his teeth and frowning, he replied furiously:

Gem: Get off your royal ass and come to me.  I'm waiting!  This is IMPORTANT!

Asshole Brother Phu: You can always come to me, same way.

Gem: idiot

Asshole Brother Phu: I was just going to tell you something, but since you're acting like this, I won't tell you anything

Gem: Sorry!  Tell me!

Asshole Brother Phu: no, you could have been nicer

Gem: Listen, Phu, something weird is going on, can you be serious for a moment?  I need to talk to you and I have my own reason for you to come to me.  I'll explain it to you once you're here, come on, come to me.  I'm sorry, okay?

  Five minutes later, it turned out that he had managed to interest his brother, although he came to him in a bathrobe and pajamas and funny slippers with cat ears.  Gemini just rolled his eyes irritably, but let his brother into the room.  And then, without any preamble, he asked:

“Were you recording Fourth yesterday?”

“Yesterday?  Should I record your Fourth? Why? It's not MY boyfriend.”

“Don't make me look like an idiot, I saw you through the window, you were recording something with your phone.  I also saw that Fourth had left our apartment building a moment earlier, but my window had a poor view of the parking lot, and I thought that's where Fourth had gone”.