Chapter 2

"What????" Sanskar looked more of a child who just got scolded for the fault he had committed.

"Yes! She is Shekhar sir's daughter." Laksh was telling him. Sanskar held his head in his hand. Shekhar was the Deputy chief of police department. And Sanskar was the deputy chief of anti terrorist squad, freshly transferred to Delhi from Mumbai.

"Oh my God! That's why she was so fearless." Sanskar said. Her fierce face when she asked him to get out came in front of him.

Laksh chuckled. He said, "I suppose the department got lucky to see her fierce form today. Otherwise, she rarely gets angry."

Sanskar frowned a little hearing this. He looked at Laksh with a question.

"She is Ragini's elder sister." Laksh replied with a smile and a positive nod.

Sanskar chukled again hearing this. He looked at Laksh and teased him with an expression that was quite funny.

"Didn't you propose her yet?" Sanskar asked.

"I did! Yesterday!" Laksh replied and showed him a photograph. Ragini was busy with someone on mobile and Laksh was bent on his knees forwarding a ring to her.

Sanskar looked at the photograph and said, "These doctors are so busy. Even at this time, she is busy with a patient."

"Actually she is busy with Swara!" Laksh replied. Sanskar again questioned him with his gaze to which Laksh again nodded and said, "She immediately called Swara and told her everything. My knees started to pain, you know!"

Sanskar laughed out loud. He imagined how Swara would have scolded Ragini too.

It was evening. Swara had just returned from work. As she kept her purse in room, a boy came and hugged Swara from behind.

"Didi! Didi! Didi!"

"Nikhil! What happened?" Swara asked with a cute smile.

"Didi! I topped my final year MBBS!"

This time Swara hugged him tightly, "That's my boy! Great! Great!"

From behind, Ragini too came and joined the hug.

"If he had not topped then who would have! We both taught him!" Ragini said with a tap on his forehead.

Nikhil was about to say something when his mouth got shut as if someone had placed glue on his lips. Swara turned around to see Sharmistha standing there. Her eyes were stern and expressions were plain.

"Mumma! I have topped the exam! I was telling this to didi!" Nikhil tried to say.

"I know you would have beta! You and Ragini, both are my pride." Sharmistha replied with a sense of pride which was not so rude yet made Swara awkward. Slowly, she tried to leave the room when Sharmistha called her.

"Swara!"

"Ji choti ma!" Swara turned her face with an awkward smile.

"Thank you so much for helping Nikhil!" Sharmistha replied with a gentle smile.

Swara nodded.

"Nikhil! Ragini! Get ready! We are going to temple to thank God!" Sharmistha ordered.

"Mumma! Please can we take Swara di with us?" Nikhil requested.

Sharmistha replied, "Do one thing! You three go to temple. I will go some other time!"

Ragini looked at Swara. Swara nodded and said, "Nikhil! I am too tired. You three go. I will join you some other time!"