Chapter 36

It was late at night. Sanskar had just changed into his lounge pants. Since the lady told him about the song Swara sang in the engagement, he wanted to hear that. So, he went straight to Laksh's room.

"What happened?" Laksh asked.

"Can I get the video of my engagement?" Sanskar said and smiled shyly, "I just wanted to see something in that!

Laksh laughed devilishly. He said, "Do you want to see something or see someone?"

Sanskar laughed nervously. With a laugh, Laksh forwarded him some videos. Sanskar couldn't wait to watch them.

After sometime, with a big smile on his lips, Sanskar was lost in the voice. And he could see his own expressions too. A warmth had filled up his heart. Though he couldn't remember what he was feeling, he was sure he would have certainly got emotional. And he was right. Because when he saw himself hugging her in front of everyone, he was not surprised.

Before he could think of anything else, a knock broke his thought chain. Sujata and Annapurna were standing at the door. They were holding some photographs in their hands.

"Ma! Badi ma! It's 11:30!" Sanskar said, "what happened?"

Sujata sat on the bed along with Annapoorna. Sanskar was unaware of the impending atom bomb which was about to be dropped on him.

Annapurna forwarded him some photographs. Sanskar looked at them and then at her.

"How are these ones? We have shortlisted some boys."

Sanskar was still looking questioningly at them. Boys! For whom!

"See!" Sujata took out a photograph of a young man, "He is Sujay! A well known cardiologist. Very good guy!"

"But Sujata! I like Aman better! See, he is forensic specialist himself." Annapurna forwarded another photograph.

Both the mothers were looking at each other with a wicked face.

"Let Sanskar decide! His decision will be final!" Annapurna said, "We will have to tell Shekhar ji soon!"

Sanskar's forehead frowned. What his family wanted to do!

"Umm.... These are matrimonial photos! Right?" Sanskar asked.

"Yes! Obviously!" Sujata replied making a serious face.

"For whom?" Sanskar asked again.

"For Swara! Obviously!" Annapurna replied and said, "Shekhar ji asked for some suitable groom options for her!"

"What?" Sanskar stood up at once. Swara's marriage! How! When! Why! Did they all forget that he is alive!

Annapurna was trying hard to control her laughter. Sujata was successful in it. At the very moment, Laksh too entered Sanskar's room.

"Ma! I have talked to Roshan. He is single!" Laksh said as he looked at the photographs, "So we will tell about Sujay, Aman and Roshan to Shekhar uncle tommorow!"

Sanskar was still looking at each one's face. He mentally decided to fix an appointment to Dr. Shinde for his family members too.

"But...ma...Swara!" Sanskar said, "I mean..."

"Ha beta!" Sujata said, "I feel very bad for her! Looking at the circumstances, I can't blame you for anything. But we all can't see her like this na!"

Laksh too made a serious face. He said, "Sanskar! If she gets married, at least she can move on na!"

"But..." Sanskar tried to say.

"What to say! She needs to move on. She should get someone who can fill colours in her life. Someone who can bring back the lost smile of hers." Annapurna said.