Chapter 3

Temprature had started to fall rapidly. Forensic lab was colder these days, and this cold lab, Swara was working with her heart.

"Ma'am!" A student asked, "Don't you feel fear from dead bodies?"

Swara laughed a little and said with a bright smile, "These people are dead. I am more afraid of those who are living. They are more harmful you know!"

Whole class laughed. And then, she continued with the lecture in the lab only.

As lecture finished, she was taking attendance when Uttara came from behind.

"Swara ma'am!" She said.

Swara turned her face, "Yes Uttara?"

"Ram sir has called you!"

Swara nodded and gave the attendance sheet to class representative. She left the lab with Uttara.

"What happened?" She asked.

"How would I know ma'am?" Uttara replied with a cold tone. Swara never liked this tone of Uttara but she said nothing.

Ram handed Swara a file to which, Uttara gave a nasty jealous expression.

"There is a meeting of forensic experts and Police department. You need to present this case in evening!"

Ram's instructions made Uttara more jealous. She looked at Swara and cursed her to her heart's content before leaving.

"Sir but in such short time, how can I prepare?" Swara's doubt was genuine.

Ram gave her an assuring look and Swara agreed.

It was evening and she was getting ready. In a black formal saree with her hair in a loose yet elegant bun, she was looking beautiful. As she came out of her room, Ragini came in her way.

"Wait!" Ragini said.

"What?"

Ragini forwarded a golden bracelet, delicate chain with a few diamonds.

"Noways!" Swara said, "Choti ma has given it to you!"

"And I want you to wear it this evening. It's my order!" Ragini smiled.

"At least ask her!" Swara insisted.

"You know na! She never speaks between you and me."

Swara finally gave in. With a smile, she forwarded her hand.

She sat in car with Shekhar.

"All the best beta for today!" Shekhar wished her and Swara replied with a gentle smile.

"Are you worried for something?" Shekhar asked

"Papa! Not worried but a little more alert. Ragini has given me this. I wonder how choti ma will react." Swara said showing the bracelet to him. Shekhar smiled looking at the bracelet.

"Beta! Sharmistha won't say anything." Shekhar tried to assure her.

Swara took off the bracelet from her hand and gave it to Shekhar, "Please keep it in your pocket. I am already the reason of your unhappy married life and I don't want any clashes between Ragini and Choti ma just because of me."

Shekhar tried to say something but Swara's eyes stopped him.

"Papa! You know I am not lying. You know I know everything and understand everything. She is not wrong at her point too."

"Swara! You are my child. You are not the reason of anything. Whatever happened was because of destiny, that's it. Janki and I were in relationship in college. I did not even know Sharmistha back then!"