Chapter 7

7 days passed like 7 minutes. There was so much to do. And so much to cherish. Shopping, selection of the venue, selection of rings, and what not!

And the day came. In a golden lehanga, Ragini was looking beautiful. As the couple exchanged ring, Swara felt a sea of emotions in her heart building up. And at any moment, she could cry.

Unknown to her, two eyes were noticing her every move. How she quickly wiped her tears and plastered a smile on her lips, how she corrected Ragini's dupatta, how she did everything for her. Sanskar was admiring her every move. He felt himself drawn to her more than ever today. Was it the magic of her actions or the grace she was holding in the lavender coloured saree she was wearing!

Swara avoided to even look at Sanskar for once. She did not want to notice him and loose the grip over emotions she held for him. She kept herself  busy in the preparation and management.

It was 11 at night when allthe guests left the venue. Sujata took away evil eyes off Ragini and with a beautiful smile, wished her good luck.

"Shekhar ji! Swara is such a sweetheart. You should start searching someone for her too!" Ram said as soon as he found Shekhar alone.

"We are trying to find. But in the end, it will all be her wish only." Shekhar replied.

"I have seen Swara since her post graduation days. When she was in her first year, since then I liked her attitude and behaviour. I would be more than happy to see her with Sanskar."

Ram's words brought big smile over Shekhar's face. He gladly looked at Ram and nodded.

"There is a great bond between sisters. So last night only me and Sujata were discussing this." Ram continued, "But we need to ask the children first."

"I will talk to Swara soon. You also tell me what Sanskar had said!'

They were completely unknown to the fact that Sanskar had developed the feelings for Swara already and Swara was trying to let go off her already developed feelings for him.

As elders were talking, Laksh messaged Swara something. Swara smiled a little seeing that message and excusing Ragini who was busy with some relatives, she took her to the terrace. Afterall, it should be the duty of every sister in law for her jiju.

Laksh was already there waiting for Ragini. With a smile, Swara closed the door of terrace and sat outside as a guard. But she did not notice the guard who was already there. Sanskar was sitting on one end of stairs already.

Swara sat on the other end of stairs, avoiding any possible communication with Sanskar. Sanskar felt a little stab in his heart seeing her like this. But it was what he wanted!

Swara took out her jhumkas and tried to put it in her purse. One of those jhumkas betrayed her and fell down the stairs which she did not notice.

Suddenly, her phone rang. Her forehead frowned a little seeing the number.

"Yes! ...... What? .... Now?... But I am busy in a function... It's late at night! Okay I am coming to the lab... No issues!"

Sanskar looked at Swara. She was being called to lab, this time! God, these doctors are ever busy!"

"It's late at night! I can drop you!" Sanskar could not stop himself from asking.

"No need! I can manage! Thank you!" Swara replied with a cold yet humble tone.

"It's late Swara!" Sanskar insisted

"Dr. Bose!" Swara replied without turning. "That's more professional!"

She glided down the stairs in a hurry. Sanskar felt bad hearing her words. But she was right. Bending a little forward, he picked up her jhumka and smiled seeing it. At least he got one souvenir from his incomplete love.