Chapter 13

Swara looked at Sanskar as she closed the door of the room. His clothes were wet due to snow melting under the heat of the blanket. She removed his blazer and shoes gently. His feet were cold as ice. Swara got a little suspicious. She immediately ran towards her room and took out the little emergency kit she always used to keep with her.

Taking out the thermometer, she took his temprature. Her suspicions were correct. Though mild, but hypothermia was there. Feeling a little panicked, she tried to compose herself.

"Did my presence hurt you so much that you did this to yourself? Am I so unpleasant to you?" Swara asked Sanskar. He was unconscious still.

Swara started to rub his feet vigorously. Heater was switched on too. Like a robot who was trained to do repeated movements, Swara was rubbing his feet and hands repeatedly. Unknowingly, she did not realise when her eyes started to brim with tears.

And then, to her pleasant surprise, Sanskar moved his hands. He tried to open his eyes. There was a throbbing headache.

Sanskar looked at Swara who was sitting on the floor beside him, rubbing his feet by her hands. Even in the dim light, he could see her eyes red and tears shining on her face.

"Dr. Bose!" He called her.

Swara looked at him. He felt relaxed when she immediately held his hand tightly and asked, "How are you feeling now haa?"

Sanskar nodded. But his nod was not the acceptable proof for Swara. Taking out thermometer and putting it in Sanskar's mouth, she turned towards the electric kettle in the room. Immediately, she warned some water and mixed sugar in it.

"Have it! You will feel good!" She forwarded him the water and started to rub his feet again.

"No need Swara! I am fine!" Sanskar tried to say.

Swara raised her gaze and with anger mixed with love in her looks, she said, "I don't know why you did this! I swear I won't come near you ever again if my presence forces you to not even think about your own well being. But I request you, please, let me do what I want this time! You don't know what could have happened!"

Her words made thousands of holes in Sanskar's heart at once. He wanted to comfort her. He wanted to clear her misconception. Her presence was the only thing that stopped him from doing the unthinkable which he was about to do when he was standing under the tree. Her presence was so comfortable to him that he could forget the crime he committed completely during the dance.

But a girl like Swara deserved to live with a criminal like him? No, certainly not! So whatever he thought of telling Swara about his past, he withdrew that immediately.

But you can at least comfort her na! Look how badly she is crying! She does not deserve these tears too, his heart pleaded.

This time, I am , unfortunately, but agree with heart! Brain too replied.

Sanskar raised up from bed. His head throbbing badly, he anyhow managed to hold Swara's hand. She looked at him with questions and confusion.

"You were not the reason! You can never be the reason!" Sanskar said lightly. He smiled a little at her and pulled her closer to him.

"Swara!" He directly called her by her name. Swara felt a warmth spreading over her.

"Mr Maheshwari! Don't do this ever again! Whatever the reason may be! But don't do this again!" Swara was trying to hide her tears.

Sanskar smiled and nodded.

"You please sleep! You need rest!" Swara said.

"Yes! I will! But first you listen to me!" Sanskar said and tightened the grip on her hand.