Chapter 15

Sanskar was sitting in a cellar staring at the discolored wall. His tears had dried. He was feeling so empty now. As if every happiness, every smile had left his life. In just a second, his life turned upside down. His own subordinates, a few only though, were looking down at him. Some of them had immense trust in him too but he himself did not have that. He knew that if he had done something like that in the past, he could repeat that too. Though he did not remember even a single thing after he bid good bye to the tip, he was sure that he was capable of doing something like this. And even if he had not, it was the due punishment of his past karma.

---------------------
5.5 years back.

Sanskar was just posted in kasmir. It was one of his very first postings. The scenic beauty of that place was enchanting him. He was more happy because of his childhood best friend, Sahil's posting in Kashmir too. They both prepared for the exam together. Sahil got selected in his first attempt but Sanskar needed to take the second attempt for the exam. Sahil did not leave a single stone unturned to teach Sanskar whatever he knew! Taking time out of his busy schedule and teaching his friend, was something rarely found.

As he was about to enter the city, hir car tyre got punctured. He was waiting for another car when a girl stopped in front of him in her scooty.

"Sir! You have to leave from here as early as you can! Some group of armed men is on the way." Girl informed. She was right.

Sanskar hid in a crevice near a hill and let that group pass. He felt thankful for the girl who saved his life.

As he reached the headquarters, he received a warm welcome from Sahil. He was very happy too, to see his childhood bestfriend again.

"She may be Kavita!" Sahil replied when Sanskar told him about the girl, "She is a sweet innocent local girl who helps us!"

Next evening, he found her wandering in front of his quarters. He noticed how beautiful and innocent face she had. Her lovely long straight hair, her cheeks looking like an apple, were as beautiful as the valleys of Kashmir.

"Snowfall is there Kavita! You should return back to your home!" Sanskar said.

"Sir! Woh I came here to gift you this!" Kavita forwarded a bunch of dryfruits to him, "People fall ill when they come to Kashmir. Have these regularly!"

Sanskar felt a butterfly in his belly when she forwarded him the gift.

"Come inside!" Sanskar asked her for courtesy.

She agreed. Sanskar made tea for her.

"Wow sir! You make such good tea!" Kavita said.

"Where are your parents?" Sanskar asked.

"They are no more!" Kavita replied.

After that evening, sanskar felt a feeling of sympathy for Kavita. He was not realising when those feelings were started to turn into something different. When he realised, he told this to Laksh and Sujata. But in the meantime, to his unawareness, Sahil had already expressed his feelings to Kavita and she agreed instantaneously. Had Sanskar got a single clue about this, he would have stepped back immediately. But neither Sahil, nor Kavita said anything to him.

It was one of his last days of posting in Kashmir. Laksh too came to meet him there.

"Is she Kavita?" Laksh asked Sanskar.

"Yes!" He replied.

"Sanskar! Don't get me wrong but I don't feel right about her." Laksh asked in a worried tone.