Chapter 9

Sanskar looked at Ragini who was holding Laksh's hand tightly. He looked at Shekhar who was hiding his face in his hands. Sharmistha was trying to console him, though she herself was looking devastated.

He then looked at the room inside which Swara was being treated. He wanted to enter the room and be with her. He desperately wanted to hold her hand tightly.

The doctor came out of the room . And the news he brought with him was no less than the cold shower after a hot dry summer.

"Her body temperature dropped. But she is fine now."

"Can we meet her?" Shekhar asked immediately.

"Yes! But please keep track of time for her rest too." He informed.

Sanskar felt someone inserted life in him. Swara was fine and that was all he wanted. He thanked God for as many times as he could. And he knew, at the very moment, that Swara had already made a very important place in his life, whether he wanted it or not!

"Bhai! Don't you want to see her?" He asked.

Sanskar nodded. He entered the ward. Inside, he could see Ragini trying to cheer up Shekhar who could not hold his tears back. Sharmistha too was wiping her tears without showing it to anyone. Nikhil was checking the saline bottle as it was about to be finished.

He just stared at her with a smile. Swara was healthy and that was all he wanted. She would be discharged soon and continue with her life.

And then, he left the ward without saying anything.

He did not know that he was already seen by Swara. He did not know that Swara had already gone through this. He did not know that Swara wanted to ask about him too! But she dozed off before she could ask.

"Why did you come outside?" Laksh asked.

Sanskar did not have answer. He just smiled in response. Laksh understood everything.

"Tell her! She will feel happy!" Laksh replied and patted his back.

"And keep her unhappy for the life time. Look how she was ready to sacrifice her life for others. Jagram dada told me how she defended him telling the goons that she could not perform autopsy without his help so that they won't kill him. How she stared in the eyes of that guy and refused to do the autopsy." Sanskar sighed and continued, "I know I will do the same to her which I did to Kavita. And I am not ready to ruin her life. I am happy to see her happy and will be the happiest to see her getting married to a special man."

"Seriously Sanskar bhai?"

Sanskar and Laksh, both got shocked to hear the voice. They both turned and got double shocked to see both Ragini and Nikhil standing there. Their eyes were widened with amazement and confusion.

"Didi! I told you na! He loves Swara di!" Nikhil was jumping in excitement.

"But why? Why you pretended to ....I mean...." Ragini was trying to muster words but couldn't decide what to say.

Sanskar came near her and folded his hands in front of her, "please! Please don't say anything to Swara. I request you!"

"But why? Swara didi is head over heels in love with you! I know. She doesn't say this to anyone but she likes you!" Nikhil's smile was getting faded as he saw Sanskar's reaction.

"Yes Sanskar! And you too. I have seen your eyes red when Swara was inside. I saw your care for her! Why? What's the problem! You are well settled, single, eligible bachelor!" Ragini asked. She was not ready to believe that Sanskar did not want to disclose this to Swara.