chapter 34

Laksh and Ram both were sitting in Dr. Abhishek's cabin the next evening. Sanskar's tests were done and the reports were in the Doctor's hands. He was surprisingly looking at the reports and then at Sanskar who was sitting along with his family.

"Dr. Maheshwari!" He addressed Ram, "I am surprised even after such a fall, there are no injuries to the brain. Even you and I know it's not possible."

"But what about amnesia?" Ram asked, "Why did Sanskar forget everything if there were no injuries?"

Abhishek took a deep breathe and looked at Sanskar. With a reassuring smile, he asked, "Mr. Maheshwari! Can you tell me, what happened when you looked at your family? Means, how did you feel?"

"I recalled everything! I mean I did not even had to recall! I felt as if I had never lost my memory!" Sanskar replied, "I knew my room! I knew where I had kept the things!"

"Thank you Mr. Maheshwari!" Abhishek replied and again looked at Ram, "Sir! After surgery in which a strong and potent anesthesia is used, we know that patients sometimes forget their relatives for an hour or two! And who better knows the mechanism than the God of forensics himself!"

Ram smiled at him. He understood the reason for Sanskar's amnesia. But Laksh did not.

"Laksh! Listen!" Ram started to explain, "When there is a head injury or a long unconscious period due to any reason, our brain connections gets loosened a bit. But in the recover period, they are formed again. Same happened with Sanskar. He did not remember anything in thise 8 months due to the fall and injury. And he did not see even a familiar face in front of himself to make him recall even a bit. But see, when familiar places and person came in front of him na, he remembered everything."

Laksh was still sitting confused.

"Mr. Maheshwari!" Abhishek took the matter in his hands, "IPS exams are very tough na! When you used to prepare for it, at some point of time, have you ever felt that you don't know a single word of that topic which you knew by heart?"

"Many times!" Laksh replied.

"But when you just saw one word of that topic, you recalled everything immediately!"

Laksh's eyes smiled. Now he understood. And so did Sanskar. But still there was a question in his mind!

"But Dr! Why did I recall everything when I saw Laksh bhai?" Sanskar asked, "I was with Swara for whole two days! In fact the only name that I remembered was Swara! But I did not recall anything!"

"Do you recall time spent with her now?" Abhishek asked with a serious face.

"No!" Sanskar replied garnering serious looks from Laksh and Ram.

"We will have a psychiatric opinion tomorrow for this! Rest all I must say, physically, mentally and with everything-cally, you are absolutely hail and healthy!" Abhishek replied and shook his hand, "Congratulations for your second chance of life!"

Those three people took an exit from the cabin and instantly found Swara coming out of the front cabin with Ragini. Her left hand was wrapped in a bandage and her forehead too, was covered in bandage. Her face was looking flushed.

"Swara! How are you?" Ram patted her hair and immediately removed his hand. She was burning with fever.

Ragini replied, "Her fever is not getting down by any means! So Dr. shah asked me to bring her here!"

Sanskar felt a deep regret seeing her like this. Her eyelids were dropping. Ragini helped her to sit on a bench and again said, "Maybe the travelling and all!"

"I....I am sorry Swara!" Sanskar said. He knew he was responsible for this condition of hers. But he never meant that.

"It was not your fault!" Swara replied and tried to smile weakly. Sharmistha too came to them with medicine in her hands.