Chapter 32

Sharmistha had prepared Aloo paratha for Sanskar. With lots of love, she served it to Sanskar.

"Will you all not have dinner?" Sanskar asked before starting.

Ragini chuckled and said, "We all will have too. But now, please don't deny us to do things for you."

Sanskar smiled. He was feeling a lot of contentment. The feel of returning back to your people was overwhelming. Sanskar had not started yet.

"Beta! Please start!" Shekhar insisted.

Sanskar finally gave in. He knew the taste. He did not know why, a tear escaped from his eyes.

Shekhar patted his back and smiled. The joy of his daughter's heart returned.

Swara, who was sitting in the chair in front of him, was smiling too. Her emotions were understandable for herself now. At one point, she wanted to smile and laugh and the other second, she wanted to cry her heart out too. Her eyes had gone red and swollen but tears were not stopping which she was wiping gently hiding away from everyone. But the person who could notice her in the crowd of thousands had returned. Sanskar was constantly noticing her eyes. He was feeling a lot of pity for her. This girl, who he knew once was his life, did not deserve what happened to her! Just by imagining a girl hearing the news of the demise of her would be groom just before her wedding day was horrifying. And imagining Swara going through all of these, he unknowingly felt a shudder. It's true that he could not feel love for her at this time. But he couldn't deny the fact that she loved him so much. Watching her crying silently was hurting him a lot. Maybe because his heart was still beating for her. Only that he himself was not able to recognise his own feelings.

"Ragini! Beta, call Laksh and Durga Prasad ji here! We need to break the news to them!" Shekhar said, "The apple of their eyes is back. Their good deeds paid off! Otherwise who returns after being declared..."

Sanskar was sitting in living room with lots of anticipation. He was about to meet his family again. He was trying hard to recall the events. The memories of Laksh flashed again. And he saw an engagement ceremony. He was able to recognise the faces. He knew who was his mother. He knew who was his father. He could see shekhar and Sharmistha too there and Ragini too. He remembered the words of Laksh which he said on the stage. But he couldn't remember the bride's face. With memories, his slept feelings and emotions were rising too. Now he was imagining how hard would it be for his brother to cope up with the tragedy. His mother and father would have shattered. And in this tough time, who became the pillar of support for them!

His trance was broken by Ragini's arrival. He tried to smile at her but couldn't.

"Sanskar! You know, I am a doctor!" Ragini said.

"Yes! I just recalled!" Sanskar said, "I am getting more flashbacks seeing you all!"

Ragini smiled. She said, "Your family is about to come here! After that, you will go to your home!"

Sanskar nodded.

"You will recall many things. I would advise you to keep your calm. And trust yourself!"

"Why are you saying this to me? Is there something?" Sanskar was tensed, "My family, are they fine?"

Ragini nodded, "Yes! They are and after this night, they will be in their best health!"

"Then why are you saying this?" Sanskar asked.

"Remember! Memories are not always good. There are some bad ones too. If you feel like something is bothering you and keeping yourself in doubt, just ask Laksh or me!" Ragini replied and forwarded him a chocolate.