Chapter 46

Sanskar was sitting on the balcony. It was 12 o'clock at night. But sleep was miles away from his eyes. Swara's tears had given him enough reasons to hate himself. He looked at Swara who was fast asleep on the bed. The medicines and weakness, both were the reasons for her deep slumber. Otherwise who would get relieved on such a day.

A sudden and unexpected knock on his door alerted him. Trying not to make any noise, he opened the door and found Ragini there. She was visibly tensed.

"You okay Ragini?" Sanskar was amazed to find her there at the time.

"Yes! Absolutely!" She replied, "Laksh had gone to headquarters. And he had not returned back!"

"What? When?" Sanskar asked.

"1 hour before. I don't know it's my hormones or what, but I am not getting a good vibe Sanskar. He is not picking up my calls!"

Sanskar's heart gave a jolt. How many more tragedies were waiting for him!

He called his brother. There was no reply. Ragini's eyes got a little moist.

"Shhh! Let me call headquarters directly." Sanskar tried to assure her.

"Sir! Yes we called him but he had not reached yet!"

Sanskar stumbled a little. Ragini's eyes widened with terror.

"Noo!" She exclaimed with horror.

"Don't worry! I am there na!"

Saying so, Sanskar immediately turned and took out his duty revolver while simultaneously alerting his team while on call. As he turned back, he found Ragini staring at Swara.

"Sanskar! I need to tell you something!" She said gently holding Swara's hand, "A man named Kabir came to me the day Swara got into that tragedy. He came to my opd with a 3 year old girl. She had a high fever and her condition was looking as if someone kept her in captivity."

"Why didn't you inform the police?" Sanskar asked, now alarmed.

"He almost ran from there when I told him to wait. I informed Laksh too, but then in Swara's tension, I forgot everything."

Sanskar opened his phone and showed her a photograph, "Is he the same?"

"Yes! He is!" Ragini replied, "What is happening?"

"Something sinister!" Sanskar replied, "But don't worry! I will not let anything happen to bhai!"

Ragini stood up and silently stared at him.

"I am going! Inform Swara once she wakes up!" Sanskar gave an assuring nod to Ragini and kissed Swara on her forehead.

"You should not let anything happen both to your bhai and yourself! Understood?" Ragini almost ordered, "We both sisters have had enough of our share of pain! Dare you try to increase that!"

Sanskar smiled a little. Ragini was right.

"You please take rest!" Saying so, Sanskar stormed out of the room.

Night was all dark. It was 2:30 in morning. Ragini's eyes were on the main door. But there were no signs of any of the brothers. With her each breath, she was letting out a silent prayer.

"Ragini beta?"

Ragini got startled by a voice. She turned and her eyes widened watching Durga Prasad in living room.

"Bade papa! You here?" She said faking a smile over her lips.

"Beta! You should be asleep by now." Durga Prasad said and suddenly his eyes narrowed watching Ragini's sudden change of expression. With a gentle voice, he asked, "Beta! What happened?"