Chapter 33

Luka chupi bohot hui
Samne aa ja na
Kaha kaha dhundha tujhe
Thak gayi hai ab teri ma

The song was playing in Sujata's room. She was holding a photoframe in which a beautiful little kid was smiling at him with chocolate brown eyes. Sujata's eyes were filled with tears.

"Sujata!" Ram said looking at her, "Until when you drown yourself in grief?"

Sujata smiled weekly. She wiped her tears and stopped the song.

"Sujata! Your grief is valid. But you have to rise above it. Sanskar would never had liked it na!" Ram tried to console her.

"I too never wanted him to become IPS. But I respected his choice. He didn't respect my wish na! He left me!" Sujata hid her face in Ram's chest and cried.

Suddenly they heard call bell.

"Why Shekhar ji called Laksh and bade bhaisahab at this time?" Sujata asked, "I tried calling both Swara and Raginj but they did not receive the call!'

Before they could discuss further, Laksh knocked the door of their room. He saw Sanskar's photograph in Sujata's hand and smiled.

"Laksh! Beta is everything fine there?" Ram asked

Laksh nodded with a smile and came near Sujata. He took Sanskar's photograph in his hand and looked at it.

"Ma! You were crying again na!"

Sujata did not reply. Laksh patted her cheek and said, "Ma! You will never cry for Sanskar again!"

"I can't promise you Laksh!" Sujata turned her face.

"No! I know you won't cry because I need to tell you something." Laksh said with the biggest smile.

Ram intervened, "Laksh! Let's not discuss this!"

"No papa! Swara... Swara brought our Sanskar back!" Laksh said in one go and without waiting for the reaction of his parents, hugged them.

The brief background Laksh gave stunned the parents.

"Laksh! You....you are not lying na!" Sujata's eyes brimmed, "Sanskar! Where is he?"

"He is in the car ma! Bade papa has asked you to do his arti before he enters the house!"

Sujata ran like a mad woman in the corridor. Before she entered pooja ghar, Annapurna was already preparing arti thali with tears in her eyes.

"Didi!" Sujata said and hugged her tightly, "Didi! My child! My child is back!"

Her sobs were echoing in the empty hall. At that moment, she saw Swara and Ragini both entering the hall. They both came running and hugged Sujata. The hug was so warm.

"Where is Sanskar Swara?" Sujata asked keeping arti plate in her hand, " my child! God returned him to his mom! Swara you returned him to me!"

Before Swara could say anything, they heard Sanskar's voice, "Maa!"

Sujata ran towards Sanskar but stopped in middle. Her son was standing in front of her who got back after defeating death, was it all a dream! Because only dreams are so sweet!"

"Maa!" Sanskar again called her.

"Swara! This is true na! This is reality na!" Sujata asked sobbing.

Swara nodded.

Sujata walked towards Sanskar and before her, Sanskar hugged and hid himself in the wings of his mother. Sujata was unbelievably looking at Sanskar. She never thought that happiness could be returned this way.