Chapter 4

As soon as Sanskar pulled Nikhil out of water, Ragini and Swara took charge immediately. Thankfully, Nikhil was rescued within a few minutes of jumping in water. As he opened his eyes, Ragini slapped him hard before he could even sit up.

"Calm down Ragini!" Swara tried to interfere. She then looked at Nikhil. His eyes were looking at her with accusations of which Swara did not have any answers.

She lowered her gaze and took a step back. As she moved backwards, her foot fell over a stone and she knew she was about to fall. At the very moment, Sanskar held her tightly from her shoulders.

"Thank you Mr. Maheshwari!" Swara's eyes filled with gratitude as she looked at him. If something had happened to Nikhil today, she knew she would never be able to forgive herself.

Ragini too looked back at Sanskar. Her eyes were filled up with gratitude too.

"I have informed Shekhar sir. He will be here any minute." Sanskar said because he did not know what he should do to comfort the siblings. Whatever happened, should not have happened!

Before Swara could say anything, Shekhar's car stopped. Knowing that they were now in safe hands, Sanskar tried to leave the place. But his steps were getting heavy just by imagining the trauma of these siblings. He had just heard that Swara was their adoptive daughter.

He was so busy in his thoughts that he did not even notice when Swara came running to him and stood by his side.

"Mr. Maheshwari!" Swara said.

Her voice took him out of his trance. He tried to smile at her but as his gaze fell into her innocent eyes, he forgot everything for a while.

"Thank you so much for saving my brother!"

Sanskar nodded humbly. He knew Swara wanted to say other things too. But she was not getting words.

"Don't worry Dr. Bose! This secret will be a secret!" Sanskar gave her an assurance. A gratitude spread over her face and she closed her eyes. Sanskar saw a few tears flowing out of them which she wiped off and smiled at him.

Sanskar smiled back at her and nodded. 

It was late at night when Sanskar returned home. There was visible distress on his face.

"Beta! Why are you dripping with water?" Annapurna, Durga Prasad's wife and Sanskar's Badi ma asked.

Sanskar ditched the question with a smile and asked her, "When did you come back? How was your meeting in Kanpur?"

Annapurna knew about his habit. If he did not want to share something, he would always have changed the question.

"Okay! I understood that you don't want to talk about it! Just tell me, you are fine na?" She asked.

Sanskar nodded. Annapurna was quite understanding about things. If someone doesn't want to share something, she would never force him to. And so was Sujata!

As he entered his room, Swara's face and Sharmistha's words were haunting him. He was wondering how Sharmistha was going to react when she gets to know about Nikhil's suicide attempt!

He heard a knock on his door. As he opened the door, Laksh entered and closed the door immediately.

"Bhai! What happened?" Sanskar asked watching Laksh behaving this way.

Laksh turned at once and looked at Sanskar, "How is Nikhil?"

Sanskar looked at him with questions.

"Ragini is my girlfriend! She told me everything!"