Chapter 31

Swara was booking a taxi to Delhi as for fight tickets, identity proof was required and obviously, Sanskar was not having them right now.

"Taxi will be available in 2 hours!" Swara informed Sanskar. They both were sitting in a restaurant.

Sanskar smiled looking at her. She had told him everything about his family, her family, his friends till now. For the reason unknown, he keenly listened to her and felt like sitting in front of a movie screen. He knew that whatever she was telling was familiar to him, but he was not able to connect with it.

"You told me everything about everyone! You did not tell me anything about us!" Sanskar said.

Swara fell silent. Her love was asking to describe him and her together. What an irony!

"What do you think we would be like?" Swara asked playfully.

"How would I know?"

"Just a little guess!" Swara again asked.

"Umm... I am sure of one thing! You definitely used to scold me a lot!" Sanskar said thinking a lot, "And I would definitely be the stubborn one!"

Swara nodded. One side she was feeling elated to find her love back and on the other side, she was yearning for the Sanskar whom she last met at the airport. The person sitting in front of her was near to her, but the person who loved her was far away. There was an invisible wall between them.

"What happened?" Sanskar asked.

"Nothing! Just lost in thoughts!" Swara replied wiping the tear forming in core of her eyes.

Sanskar sighed. He knew she was lost in his memories. The old ones! The most beautiful ones! But the ones he did not have even a slightest idea of!

"Swara! I don't remember anything from our past. But I am sure those will be beautiful!" Sanskar said. He took a tissue paper from the table and forwarded it to her, "Please don't cry!"

Swara smiled. He was still a man of few words. He did not know how to sugarcoat things but he still cared.

"Hmm! The most beautiful phase of my life!" Swara said.

There were no more talks. Sanskar could see longing in Swara's eyes. He could sense restlessness in her heart. And it was normal.

Taxi came on right time. They sat in it and started their journey towards Delhi.

"Have you told anyone?" Sanskar asked.

"No! I just don't know how will they react!" Swara said and looked out of the window. Had everything been normal, it would have been the best trip of her life. She knew her Sanskar would never left her hand the whole journey. But now, this was way worse than the time when they both felt themselves distant in the starting of relationship.

Swara! Stop overthinking! Be thankful that God returned him to you! Her heart scolded her.

Swara took a deep breathe. She looked at Sanskar who was feeling sleepy. And suddenly, his head fell over her shoulder. Swara felt tears in her eyes again. She wanted to hug him. She wanted to talk to him. But she couldn't. Her heart was happy though! Who gets a second chance like this!

Sanskar's eyes opened all of a sudden. He immediately pull away his head and said, "Sorry! I didn't know when I fell asleep!"

"It's okay!" Swara replied, "You can sleep like this! You used to feel quite relaxed this way!"

Sanskar felt a flashback again. It was something related to a road trip. And he knew that he was feeling happy with a little nervousness.

"Ummm... Swara!" Sanskar called. But when he looked at her, her eyes were already closed. Her head was about to collide with the car window when he reflexively placed his palm in between. Swara's eyes opened. She looked at Sanskar's palm and them at him. He smiled nervously and removed it from there.