Chapter 10

It has been more than 7 days since Swara got discharged. Today, she dressed up again in a yellow kuta and pink pants for returning back to work. Still there was a little weakness, but things got lined up in the absence of Ram.

Promising not to overdo herself at work to shekhar, she stepped into her car when an unexpected voice stopped her.

"Swara!"

"Ji choti ma!" Swara turned in disbelief.

"Woh... Your tiffin! And I will send someone with freshly cut fruits to you around the evening." Sharmistha was trying hard not to show her care towards Swara. Swara felt a lump in her throat forming. But she suppressed it and nodded.

"And listen..."

"Ji choti ma?"

"Try to do things which are not so exhausting!"

Swara smiled and nodded in a yes. Sharmistha made a stern face and left. Swara looked at Shekhar who was smiling too.

The day was exhausting. First the staff greeted her with a bouquet. To her amazement, Uttara had made a cake for her.

"Ma'am! I realised I need to learn a lot from you!" She said.

And then, the work began. Preparing files to prepar specimen, getting ready for court hearing and what not.

"Ma'am! We are not able to decipher what these evidences want to say!" A post graduate 2nd year came to her. Swara looked at the reports. She was puzzled too.

"Give it to me! I will ask Sandeep sir!" She replied.

"Ma'am Sandeep sir is on leave."

Swara got confused. Sandeep Sharma was the associate professor and he was on leave. Ram was obviously incapable to come here.

"When is the case line up in court?" Asked Swara.

"We have to prepare reports by evening!"

Swara sighed. She called Ram.

"Beta if you don't mind, can you come home? This case needs to be discussed!"

Swara agreed. She did not have any other option though.

She drove her car towards Maheshwari house. Annapurna opened the door.

"Are Swara beta! You here? And you have resumed your work, so soon!"

Annapurna gleefully took her to Ram's room. Their conversation finally got the conclusion of the case.

"Swara! There is a conference in Manali. I was called to represent our college. Can you go in my place?" Ram asked her.

"Sir but I am junior! I will be the youngest there." Swara tried to say.

"No! You may be the youngest by age but not by knowledge. I suppose you should attend. It's next week!"

Ram's words were more of a command. Swara had to agree anyhow. So she nodded.

Sujata forwarded tea to Swara. But her hand slipped and tea spilled over Swara's dupatta and kurta.

"Offfo! I am so sorry beta!" Sujata immediately took Swara's cup.

"No issues aunty! I am fine!" Swara tried to say.

"Your kurta got spoiled. Clean it from here!" Saying so, Sujata tried to open washroom door. But it was struck.

"No issues aunty! Please don't bother. It's just a small stain." Swara tried to say.

"Are beta! Tea leaves very bad stain on clothes. Your dress will be spoiled if this dries on your clothes. This door got struck yesterday and I did not get time to call the carpenter." Saying so, she guided Swara out of the room. And the room she made her enter, made Swara's face crimson with blush. It was of Sanskar's.