Chapter 20

It was late at night. Sanskar was not feeling sleepy though. He had forgotten what living a life without any burden felt like. So now, he was trying to cherish every moment of it. Switching on the reading lamp, he was about to open a book when he heard a knock.

Sanskar smiled seeing Ram and Sujata standing there.

"May we come in?" Sujata asked.

Sanskar just smiled. He made them sit on his bed. Ram held his hand and made him sit near him.

"You are looking better than before! It's been 10 days since your discharge. Dr. Shah was saying that your recovery is commendable."

"Ab badi ma was saying it was the result of good nutrition, good food, and good sleep! And also, good coffee!" Sujata laughed.

"Coffee?" Sanskar was puzzled.

"Haa! Evening coffee! Coffee with doctor!" Sujata teased him. Sanskar blushed a little.

Ram laughed heartily at this line. He then turned towards Sanskar and with a gentle caress on his hair, he said, "Beta! I think so that the reason behind your decision to remain unmarried has been sorted. I still have the same question! Should I talk to Shekhar ji for you and Swara?"

Sanskar did not say anything. He just blushed again. He was not habitual of talking so frankly to his parents. On the other side, Laksh was always too vocal for Ragini.

"Do you see her as your life partner?" Ram asked.

Sanskar did not say anything. He just looked at Sujata and nodded. A broad smile ran on her lips.

"But... But I don't know about her!" Sanskar said.

Sujata laughing again.

"She is in love with you head over heels. You know this thing better than us!" Ram said.

"Ok! You all know what's better for me!"

On the other side, Swara too was having the same conversation. Sitting in front of Shekhar and Sharmistha, with Ragini and Nikhil on her side, she was being asked the same question. Swara did not know that she could blush so hard and she could be so shy too.

"Swara beta! We all have witnessed what you did for Sanskar!" Shekhar started the conversation, "We have seen and known him for a long time. He is just like Laksh, a little introvert though. Do you think it's time to take a decision beta?"

Swara looked at Ragini. She was smiling at her.

Sharmistha looked at both of them and smiled a little, "I don't think this conversation was important. We both know the answer!"

Shekhar chuckled. Holding Swara's hand into his, he said, "Swara! Should I talk to Dr. Ram?"

"You all know what's better for me!"

Ragini clapped in excitement. And so did Nikhil.

Next evening, it was Ragini who was getting Swara ready. In an orange anarkali suit, she was looking very elegant and beautiful. She left her hair open. And then, the jhumkas Sanskar gave her in manali

Sanskar was happily getting ready in a blue kurta.  Behind him, Laksh was putting on his perfume.

"Bhai! It's too much of fragrance!" Sanskar said, "It will give me a headache!"

"Oh my delicate doll!"

Saying so, Laksh took the earring of Swara and silently kept it in his pocket. With a devilish grin, he looked at Sanskar.

"Sanskar! Do you remember, I had a crush on Sneha Bansal when I was in 11th!" He said.

Sanskar looked at him and said, "You are about to get married to Ragini! Stop thinking about other girls you...."