Chapter 28

Swara rushed to the hospital along with everyone. In all the temples, mosques, churches Gurudwaras, she bowed her head whichever came in the way. At least one of the brothers was fine. The family got one of the brothers back. Sanskar's sacrifice did not go in vain.

Reaching the hospital, she met Ragini just outside the ward. Her face was glowing.

"Swara! Swara! Swara!" Ragini almost jumped on her with excitement, "You were right! Doctor had said even the brain damage is minimal. His recovery would take quite less time. Swara! I am so so so happy now!"

Swara patted her hair and wiped the tears of happiness brimming out of her sister's eyes.

She took her to Laksh's room. Seeing his eyes opened and though minimal, but movements in his body, she thanked God. What if her own happiness was snatched, at least Ragini was happy! At least the brother of his beloved was happy! At least the family of his beloved was happy. She had found her happiness in other's smile.

As Laksh saw her, he tried to smile. Swara smiled back. And then, with his hoarce voice, he asked about his brother!

Ragini looked at Swara. Swara nodded. She knew that hearing about such heartbreaking news, Laksh's condition could deteriorate.

"Jiju! He...he has gone to Kashmir! He will be back soon!" Swara tried to maintain her voice strong.

When they came out of the room, Sujata patted her hair.

"Beta! I don't know how would Laksh react to this news." Sujata said hugging Swara from the side, "What if he considered himself responsible for the ..."

Swara looked at Ragini. Ragini was already looking at Swara with the same question.

"Aunty! He will react the way a brother will react. But we all are here na! We all will help him!" Swara consoled Sujata.

Questions of Laksh were increasing. As much as he was recovering, the questions were getting quite frequent.

"Sanskar did not even call me! Ragu it's not possible!" Laksh said one fine day, "Swara! Tell me you all are not hiding anything from me!"

Swara stood up and said with a false anger, "Wahi na jiju! You see, he had not even called me. Whenever he receives the call, he always say I am on mission. Once I will keep those terrorists who did this to my brother under my gaze, then only I will show my face to my brother."

Ragini blinklessly looked at Swara. Whatever she was saying required lots of strength. She could see her eyes glittering.

"Toh kya Laksh! I would also scold him. You don't worry! He loves you so much na! That's why he is feeling so much guilt." Ragini too joined.

Laksh smiled, "Tell him Swara, that his brother just need to see his face. I saw the tension in his eyes on the hilltop when I saw him last time. I want him not to take so much stress!"

Swara nodded. But her heart which was a little betters again bled at his words.

She came out of ward and silently wiped her tears. Dr. Amruta was standing just in front of her. With a gentle pat on her back, she asked, "You fine Dr bose?"

Swara nodded. She got used to people randomly talking to her. Afterall, everyone had witnessed the tragic events. But only few of them really cared for her emotions. Rest of all, just needed something to gossip.

Dr Amruta forwarded a chocolate to her. Swara looked at her with questions.

"Beta! I don't know what to say. Just don't feel good seeing you like this! May God bring back your lost smile soon!" Amruta said and kept her hand on her hair. Swara smiled a little in return.