Chapter 6

"Why did you come out?" Ragini asked, "You only were too restless! But you did not even talk to him? Why?"

Swara smiled a little. She said, "Because I did not want him to get uncomfortable because of me! That was a family moment!"

Raginj did not say anything. She just smiled. With a reassuring look at her, she said, "You are Laksh's family. You know this very well that Maheshwaris don't consider you as an outsider. They love you the way they all love me!"

"But still Ragini! What if Sanskar does not think the same!"

Ragini laughed out loud on her question.

"Idiot! Stupid! You know, he asked about you!" Ragini's words were mixed with mischievousness.

"What?" Swara exclaimed.

"Yes!" Ragini said mimicking Sanskar, "Woh... Dr. Bose was here too na. Where did she go?"

Swara blushed a little. It felt good to be acknowledged by Sanskar.

Sanskar got leave from hospital after 2-3 hours. On his way to home, Swara's smile was not leaving his mind. He had never seen someone smiling so beautifully. Her eyes had the glitter that could brighten the whole world of him. She was so gentle, so polite yet so captivating.

When they reached back, Sanskar finally got some time alone in his room. He did not know whether he should be happy that Swara was entering his life or anxious because of his past deeds. He was never worthy of love of such a sweet girl. He had done a heinous thing in past and he should not accept any kind of advances from a girl. Already life had given enough chaos to her, he need not to increase them.

A knock on his door brought him back to senses . Laksh was standing with a serious face.

"What happened?" Sanskar asked.

"Nothing! Just little worried for you!" Said Laksh with the same serious expression.

Sanskar chuckled. He knew about Laksh's possesiveness for him and he adores it.

"Where will I go leaving you alone?" Sanskar replied and hugged him, "A brother like you is very hard to find."

Laksh smiled a little at his words. He entered the room and looked at the black coloured box he had kept on the table.

"Throw that away Sanskar. That will increase the burden of guilt on you everytime you see it." Laksh asked looking at the box angrily, "Whatever done was done! You should move on!"

Sanskar looked at the box and replied, "This is the reminder bhai. This is the reminder that I can become an animal too. And I should not destroy another girl's life just like I destroyed the life of Kavita!"

"You didn't! You are not an animal! Understood?" Laksh held him by his shoulder and looked straight into his eyes, "You are not an animal! Got it!"

"What if I become?" Sanskar replied. He freed himself from Laksh's clutches and opened the box. A broken payal, a broken coffee mug and a torn dupatta was inside it. He touched them and felt as if thousand knives had pierced his heart.

"I have decided to get myself transferred somewhere else." Sanskar said without looking at Laksh.

Laksh was taken aback by his words.

"You wanted to get near family. And finally you got a permanent stay here too. Why are you applying for transfer?"

"Have you seen Swara today?" Sanskar turned back and asked, "I know the expressions. I know if I stay here, she will fall for me! And I will too! I don't want to ruin her life. I don't deserve a girl like her. And she doesn't deserve a person like me."