Chapter 17

Laksh helped Sanskar in changing his wet clothes. Sujata gave Swara a warm hug with a big thank you. At least her son talked a little.

Swara just did not know what to say. She herself was feeling overwhelmed now. Keeping a strong face was getting difficult for her. The way Sanskar cried was too heartbreaking for her too. But she kept her feelings aside. This family was Sanskar's happiness.

Sanskar came out along with Laksh. His eyes swollen and bloodshot. He tried to smile for the family but smile was far away from him. Swara took a backseat here. She could understand how much a mother want to pamper her child! She could understand how much a father wants to take care of his child.

Sujata forcefully made him eat something. He ate a little. But his mind was blank. He was doing things mechanically. He was eating on command, smiling on command. But his insides were empty today. He retired back to his room without saying anything. Annapurna tried to stop him but Laksh stopped her.

"Badi ma! Calm down!" Laksh held her in between and hugged her as she cried.

"Beta! You know very well. I never asked God the reason for the bad luck of not being able to become a mother ever. You two are my sons. But I am asking him why he is doing this to Sanskar!"

"Calm down!" Durga Prasad said, "The one who is right, is often the one who gets a lot of hurdles."

"If you all don't mind, can we talk to him? I mean me, Swara and Ragini!" Laksh said and signed the sisters.

Getting the approval of adults, they entered Sanskar's room. He was still sitting on the floor staring blankly at the wall.

Laksh sat near him. He held his hand.

"What if I am really guilty?" Sanskar asked innocently, "I was not in my senses. What if I......"

"Bhai! Just think once more! Do you think you can rape a girl?"

Sanskar smiled, "I have done that!"

"No! No you did not!" Laksh again tried to make him understand.

"Do you think a girl like Kavita would lie about such things. She was so innocent, so naive......"

"Shut up mr. Maheshwari!" Swara said with anger. She was not angry though, but at this point, anger was needed.

"Swara! You....you don't know me!" Sanskar said again, "I have done....."

"I am a forensic specialist." Swara said with an irritated expression, "That too a female. You know very well that it's me under whose supervision the examination takes place."

"But Swara.... " Sanskar tried to intervene.

"No! There is no place of but here. I have seen many cases. 10% of those are false. And I have seen those 10% accused too. That's why I can understand what you are going through right now!" Swara said sitting on the chair and staring at him, "You have to agree that this is my speciality and I know about my speciality more than you!"

"Swara! I have a very bad past!" Sanskar said, "You won't even want to see my face after knowing that."

"Unfortunately, I know everything Mr. Maheshwari! I have seen that girl too. And see, I want to see your face. You know what that means?"

"What?"

"That the story Kavita told you, has as many loopholes in it as there are craters on moon" swara replied and looked at Sanskar with a smile and a wink.

Sanskar got speechless. He looked at her with questions.

"I will explain it to you in detail some other time.But now, let's concentrate on this case.Tell me once, what happened that night!" Swara asked