Chapter 42

Morning was greeted by thunderstorm so loud that Sanskar did not need Swara to wake him up. Looking at the time, it was 6 in morning. He tried to find Swara but she was not there. Suddenly, he saw her coming out of washroom, her hair wet dripping with water.

"Swara!" Sanskar said, "It's raining outside. And you took bath so early today."

Swara smiled and replied, "Today is ma's death anniversary. There is a pooja kept by papa in Bose house."

"You did not inform me!" Sanskar complained.

"I was about to. But you came so late last night and I was tired too." Swara replied.

But Sanskar did not feel why, a little annoyance covered up him. Was it because of extra stress of the professional front or the sense of not getting included in something so important in Swara's life.

But his annoyance faded when Swara took out a kurta pyjama for him.

"It will take only half an hour for pooja. Can you please spare sometime? I will feel good!"

Sanskar smiled. For making her feel good, he could do anything. And paying respect to the lady who moulded her daughter in such a beautiful way was definitely his duty. Though he never met Swara's real mother, but he admired the way she single handedly raised Swara.

He came out and found Swara ready in a light pink coloured suit. He had expected and he was right too in judging Swara's emotions today. She was not crying but quiter than the usual. Sanskar was not liking her silence but he knew forcing Swara to be happy would account for something not practical.

He came in front of her and looked into her eyes.

"I never said this! But I am proud of your mother's upbringing. Wherever she is, she will be happy seeing her daughter so strong yet so gentle."

Swara smiled lightly. Her smile again caused butterflies to dance in Sanskar's belly.

Whole Maheshwaris except Durga Prasad who had some important work, attended the pooja.

After the pooja, Swara looked at his father who was smiling at her.

"What happened papa?" Swara asked.

"I can see my daughter smiling from her eyes again."

Swara smiled. Shekhar was right. Sanskar's presence in her life had imparted a glow on her face.

Unknown to her, Sanskar who heard the words of Shekhar was smiling too. He knew more than Swara, it was him who started to smile from his eyes.

Swara was working in her lab. She was busy with the autopsy body when a sense of being watched felt by her. She looked in front and noone was there. She looked behind and saw the lab almost empty. Looking at the time, she realised it was more than 1 hour exceeding the closing time.

She continued her work. But the sense of being watched was so uncomfortable that she needed to turn back again and again. Anyhow, she finished the autopsy and removed her autopsy cover. It was last June and humidity was at it's peak. But Swara felt a little suffocated. She thought to move out of lab. But as she looked at the door. It was closed from outside.

Swara's forehead frowned. Jagram dada always used to check the lab before closing. She tried to knock the door. She banged the door again. There was noone.

She took out her phone. She dialed Jagram's number but there were no network. She switched off and on her phone again. Tried to dial emergency number but all was vain. Now her instinct clearly told her something was out of the place.

For her safety, she took out pepper spary from her purse and tried to look for possible escape from the labs. Ventilation was closed too.

A state of panic was aroused in her. What was going on!