Chapter 40

It was quite late at night. Ragini and Swara both were called to the kitchen by the elderly women of the house. For obvious reasons, Parvati bua left the house before Sanskar and Laksh left the hall. And nobody even thought to stop her. But they all felt bad for Ramakant. He badly wanted to stay but ....well his wife!

Two trays with glasses of milk were handed, one to each sister. Raginj stared at Swara and Swara at Ragini. It was accompanied by lots of giggling from the bhabhis, chachis, mamis, and other buas. No one was saying anything but everyone knew everything.

"Go to your rooms beta! You both must be tired." The eldest of them told them with a meaningful smile. She then patted both Ragini and Swara's hair and said, "Swara beta! Don't let the shadow of bad words on your beautiful night and all the nights in the coming future. Okay!"

Swara nodded. They both turned and found Sujata and Annapoorna standing there with the broadest smile they had. Trying not to create a more awkward situation for the sisters, they just smiled and wished them good night.

Thankfully, the girl gang thought to leave the sisters alone and went straight to the brothers who were in their respective rooms.

"Swara! I am feeling awkward!" Raginj said, "Is it necessary?"

"I suppose! But it is awkward indeed!" Swara too replied.

Swara saw Ragini entering her room first and for that, Laksh had to pay a hefty amount. She felt a smile on her face as Laksh finally closed the door. Now, it was her turn. One of the bhabhi was already teasing a shy Sanskar who was getting more awkward with complex questions.

"We will let Swara enter only on one condition. Give that jhumka to us!"

Sanskar looked at Swara and then at his bhabhi. He stood up, exited the room and stood with Swara.

"There are two guest rooms. We both can spend the night there." Sanskar said.

"Means you can spend the night away from her, but not give the jhumka. Nice!" Bhabhi said and took the shagun envelope from him. Looking at others, she said, "I will ask Sanskar's bhaiya to learn something from him!"

Smilingly, she pushed Swara inside along with Sanskar and bid them good night.

Sanskar finally bolted the door. He turned at Swara who was awkwardly holding the tray in her hand. There was a crimson blush on her cheek. She had spent time with Sanskar earlier too. But there was a difference between those nights and this night. Had everything been like before, it would most certainly be the most beautiful night of her life! But how could her life be that simple! She was happy though! She knew sooner or later, this Sanskar would fall in love with her completely.

"You can keep the tray on the table, you know!" Sanskar said scratching his head and looking at the room decorated with flowers and candles.

"You please sit down! It's not good to put more pressure over the injured area." Swara said keeping the tray on the table and clearing the bed.

As Sanskar sat on the bed, she asked, "What was the need to stand on the stool?"

Sanskar chuckled. With a smile, he forwarded her a box. He said, "I found this in my cupboard. Maybe I wanted to gift it to you on our wedding night before my disappearance. See, I have written something on it too."

It was an awkward situation. Sanskar was gifting Swara something he wanted to gift but had no memories of. Swara hastily opened it and found a pair of diamond studded jhumkas. She smiled at the gift. And then the small letter that was kept inside it.

I never knew I could love so hard. Thank you for coming in my life. Thank you for teaching me how to live and love once again.
Yours and forever yours
Sanskar