Exposition

In the Pride Ring of Hell, amidst the Seven Rings of Hell, Charlie resides as the pacifist princess, daughter to Lucifer and Lilith Morningstar. Despite being the third highest ranked being in Hell, Charlie's commitment to peace sets her apart. The hierarchy, from Lucifer to lowly imps, weaves a complex web of power and sin.

A falling out with her father over differing ideas hasn't severed the bond with her mother, Lilith. Raised away from the malevolence of Hell, Charlie's kindness shines. The overpopulation issue of immortal sinners in Lucifer's Pride Ring leads to annual exterminations by exorcists, creating tension among the immortals.

Charlie's vision for the Hazbin Hotel, a rehabilitation haven for sinners, clashes with Hell's power dynamics. Despite her high rank, sinners disregard her ethical approach. Her loyal plushie bodyguards, Razzle and Dazzle, embody her childhood companions brought to life by Lucifer.

The Hazbin Hotel staff, a diverse group of mortal human sinners, joins Charlie's mission. Vaggie, her hot-headed girlfriend; Husk, the bartender; Nifty, the maid; and Alastor, "The Radio Demon," a powerful yet enigmatic overlord.

So far, two residents have joined the hotel: Angel Dust, a reformed gay pornstar; and Sir Pentious, a "notable, super-hip kingpin on the rise" who's reasons for staying are questionable.

Amidst Hell's complexities, the main antagonists emerge as the 3 "V"s—Vox, Valentino, and Velvet. Vox, the TV Overlord, dominates the media industry. Valentino controls the adult film industry, extorting Angel Dust, while Velvet, their adoptive daughter, reigns over social media. Alastor's disdain for Vox creates tension, yet Vox seeks an alliance to control both radio and television.

Unfortunately for the hotel, not all threats come from Hell....

Charlie's unwavering optimism and naivety become defining traits in this infernal tale.