Chapter 12: Happy Birthday!

As Charlie reenters the hotel, glances from the others carry a nervous energy, except for Alastor, whose permanent smiling face exudes an unsettling, evil joy. Their curiosity about the meeting with the king lingers in the air. They ask how it went.

Charlie inhales deeply, striving to regain composure before delivering a response.

"Better than I expected," Charlie declares, eliciting collective sighs of relief from the group. Exhausted after such an eventful day, Charlie bids everyone goodnight, sharing a comforting hug with Vaggie before retiring to the room. Pajamas on, Charlie lays down.

As sleep envelops Charlie, contemplation swirls around the day's events, fostering anticipation for the unknown future of both Charlie and the hotel.

Waking up refreshed, Charlie prepares to face the day. As usual, the sounds of arguing downstairs reach Charlie's ears. Upon arrival in the lobby, confusion ensues as there's no one in sight. However, the source becomes clear as commotion emanates from outside.

Upon opening the door, the sight of Vaggie, standing protectively and displaying visible anger, greets Charlie.

Outside, an exceptionally tall owl man, adorned in a red cloak with a marquee mask-like face, exuding an air of royalty, strikes a pompous pose on the road. The hotel staff (and Angel and Pentious) surround him aggressively, setting the stage for an unexpected confrontation.

The owl man demands to speak with Charlie. Stepping forward to diffuse the situation, Charlie recognizes him.

"Greetings, King Paimon. What brings you here?" Charlie inquires, maintaining a neutral tone. Paimon sneers in response.

"Princess," he bows with a hint of disdain. "Our King has requested your presence in the castle for a meeting." Charlie is confused, especially after meeting with her father the day before with no mention of such a meeting.

Charlie asks, "What kind of meeting?"

Paimon, looking stern, responds, "A very important meeting with the other demon lords. Come with me. And bring your... friend." He barely tries to hide his disgust on the last word.

With limited choice, Charlie and Vaggie follow as Paimon opens a portal, teleporting them. Arriving at Castle Morningstar, a massive castle in the heart of The Circus, she enters to see numerous members of the Ars Goetia. The grand ballroom, filled with pompous Ars Goetia, unfolds before her as she proceeds through the imposing castle.

Entering a still sizable room, she finds several individuals. Asmodeus, the Prince of the Lust Ring, stands alongside a tall (for an) imp in a jester outfit, sporting cybernetic limbs. Ozzie's alluring green eyes, large muscular frame, and confident grace define his smaller, concealed form.

Contrary to his normal towering, three-headed lustful appearance, this concealed form resembles that of a smaller, yet still tall, coat wearing pimp, in the nicest way possible. She recognizes his jester companion as Fizzaroli, the star of Ozzie's, Asmodeus's lust club, and the inspiration for numerous robotic clones.

Approaching Asmodeus, he turns with a charming smile, his central head speaking while the others mimic. "Ah, Princess," he utters in a smooth, naturally seductive voice. "Glad you showed up. Wouldn't want to miss it," he adds. Charlie smiles, slightly perplexed, but comforted by Asmodeus's amiable demeanor.

Continuing her walk, she encounters another prince—tall, muscular, exuding a commanding presence with a piercing gaze. Resembling an imp but much more formidable, she recognizes him to be Satan, the prince of the Wrath Ring, the second most powerful among the Seven Deadly Sin. With four eyes, draconic wings, and several horns, he really does look like a strange cowboy, but he still looks pretty imposing. Satan treats her with respect, likely stemming from loyalty to her father, though his demeanor appears surprisingly restrained for the embodiment of wrath. He even asks her if she's been eating enough.