Chapter 16: Date Night!

The next morning, Charlie wakes up to the sound of someone knocking on her door. Groggily getting up, she opens it to find Alastor standing there, looking a bit disheveled, holding a cup of coffee.

"Good morning, Charlie," he says with a grin, "I just wanted to apologize for leaving yesterday. I hope you understood."

Charlie replies, "Oh. Alastor, it's fine. I forgive you. You didn't have to do all this."

He nods, "I know." Then he sets the coffee in her hand and departs.

Taking a sip, it's her favorite, a Frappuccino. She looks around her room, feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day. Smiles to herself, she heads down to the lobby.

As she walks, she notices Husk slacking off again. He's sitting at his bar with his head in his hands, bored. Vaggie notices Charlie and waves her over, "Good morning, mi amor."

Charlie smiles at her, feeling happy to see her, "Good morning, Vaggie. What time is it?"

"It's around 8 A.M.," she replies, looking at her watch.

Charlie nods, "Okay, cool." She then whispers to Vaggie, "We should go out later." Vaggie looks at her questioningly, "Where?" Charlie replies, "On a date. It'll give me a chance to wear that new dress you got me!"

Vaggie giggles, "Sounds good to me." Charlie responds, "Alright, we'll head out tonight. See you later."

Charlie heads back to her room, hangs out on her balcony until around 2, and plans on leaving around 5. She calls Razzle and Dazzle up to her office.

"Hello, boys. Vaggie and I are going out on a date tonight. Can you give this to Alastor?" She hands them a note telling him that he is in charge until they return. "Oh and keep an eye on him until we get back." They nod and leave.

Later, she texts Vaggie and starts to get ready, excited for the date. She changes into her new dress and applies some makeup. Tall and slender, she gazes at herself in the mirror, with long, flowing hair cascading down her back in blonde waves. Her eyes, a deep shade of red, sparkle with excitement. She wears high heels that match her dress and a small necklace around her neck. Her makeup highlights her pure-white skin and bright red cheeks.

She steps out and sees Vaggie, looking stunning. Vaggie is a slim female sinner demon with muted gray-lavender-colored skin, white hair styled in loose waves, and flawless makeup. Her dress is deep blue, matching her scarf, and she wears heels that match Charlie's. They head to the lobby, hand in hand.

As they enter, Angel calls them over. "So what's got you two looking so fancy? Someone die or something?" he asks jokingly. Charlie replies, "Just going out." Angel looks unconvinced, "Oh, really?" Charlie nods. Angel Dust smiles mischievously, "Well, good luck to your 'not date.'" Charlie rolls her eyes at his comment. He adds, "Oh and, you're sure about leaving 'Smiles' here in charge?" She nods, "I'm sure Al will do fine. As long as he doesn't blow up the hotel, I'll call it a success." He nods unsure about her decision to put Alastor in charge.

Charlie and Vaggie hop in their limo and are driven to a club, Klub Kaiju, in Jurassic City, a popular sub-district of Pentagram City. As they arrive, the club is already crowded with sinners, their eyes fixated on the stage where the band is playing. Slightly nervous about being in Klub Kaiju, mostly due to Missi Zilla, an extremely powerful overlord, Charlie decides to take her mind off that and enjoy spending time with Vaggie. The music is deafening as they enter the loud and chaotic club. They make their way to the VIP area, allowed inside after being recognized. In the VIP lounge, a large uncongested area with rich-looking sinners and several girls, they take a seat at a high table in the corner, away from the people.

The club is loud and chaotic, with a mix of drunken laughter and raucous music. Vaggie leans in and whispers to Charlie, "I'm glad you're here, hon. I miss you when I'm not around." Charlie smiles and nods, feeling warmth spread through her chest. Vaggie adds, "So, what's the special occasion? Any particular reason we went out?" Charlie replies, "Other than wanting to wear my new dress, I just wanted to spend some time with my girlfriend." Vaggie looks at her with a smile and nods, "I'm glad you chose to wear it. It looks great on you." Charlie chuckles and leans back in her chair, feeling content and happy. Vaggie adds, "But why Klub Kaiju?" Charlie replies, "It was either here or the roof of the Hotel." Vaggie nods. They enjoy spending some quality time together.

Then, four people enter the room and sit across from them.