Chapter 24: Torches of Chaos

Charlie quickly runs downstairs to the lobby which is a long way from the top floor. Vaggie sees her and smiles, but her smile quickly fades when she sees Charlie's worried expression.

She asks, worried, "Charlie, what's wrong?"

She stammers out, "Sinners... Outside... with torches... they look evil..." Vaggie's eyes widen in fear and she quickly grabs her arm, pulling her towards the door. As she runs towards the door, she hears the sound of footsteps behind her.

It's Niffty and Husk. Husk has an ambivalent look and Niffty has a gleefully murderous look to her as she holds an oversized needle. Husk readies his magic illusions. Vaggie is wielding her signature angelic spear. She readies some of her fire (pyrokinesis), the non-lethal kind. As she approaches the door, she steels herself. She might have to hurt someone. And even if her fire is non-lethal, it will still hurt them a lot, and could even permanently injure them (as her fire, and her father, Lucifer's, can permanently injure or even kill the massively regenerative immortal sinners). She takes a deep breath and grips the handle of the door. As she pushes it open, she sees the sinners rushing towards them with their torches raised, running even faster.

Charlie snaps her fingers and summons Razzle and Dazzle, who are both wielding small angelic spears. They all stand outside defensively. Charlie attempts to quickly summon a force field around the hotel before they can try to burn it down. But unfortunately, Charlie isn't quick enough. The sinners throw the torch straight at the hotel, before Charlie can finish the force field. It sets fire to the hotel. Charlie watches in horror as the flames spread quickly, engulfing the building in a blaze of green, hellfire.

Charlie needs to think quick.

Charlie, unfortunately, doesn't. Charlie feels angry. And Charlie goes full demon mode. The sinners all look at Charlie with fear, and the rest of the Hazbin Hotel Crew look worried and back away from Charlie. Razzle and Dazzle continue to stand by Charlie's side. Vaggie realizes that the hotel is in danger and tells the others to go put the fire out. While the smart decision (from Charlie) would have been to just use pyrokinesis to remove the fire, but Charlie is furious. Charlie begins to slightly hover over the ground, a pair of dark-reddish horns protrude from Charlie's head, and Charlie's eyes' sclera turn bright red with slit pupils. Deep red fire begins to burn in Charlie's hands.

The sinners are shocked to see Charlie's demon form. That the goodie-two-shoes has an actually scary side.

Charlie throws fireballs at the sinners and engulfs their bodies in flames. They scream in pain as their skin burns off their bodies and their internal fluids begin to boil. It's a pain that would make them wish they were ("double") dead. But they aren't that lucky. Charlie made sure to make sure that the fire was non-lethal (even in Charlie's enraged, demon form). Charlie's fire (currently) is powerful enough to horribly maim the hardy sinners but not strong enough to permanently injure or kill them (though Charlie could).

Soon, the sinners are nothing but a pile of bones, and the hotel is no longer on fire. By this point, Charlie has calmed down and is no longer in the demon form. Charlie is sitting on the curb, calming down after the carnage Charlie caused (to the attackers). Vaggie is giving orders to the crew. Husk and Angel check the rest of the hotel for damage and/or fire. Nifty has a dustpan and is scooping up the charred bones and drops them in a trash can. In a few days, the sinners will probably be back in full health after an excruciating, long, and grueling regeneration process. Most of the "veteran" sinners would agree that it is better to be completely destroyed (not erased, since that would completely, totally, and finally kill them. Only very few people can boast that ability. Without angelic weapons. The only people who can do that are: The Sins, even though they would really never meet sinners; Paimon; Charlie , although Charlie would never do it; magic, specifically the one that Lucifer himself sets up around restricted areas, such as his castle, the other Rings, etc.; and Lucifer) than left nearly destroyed; since it is less painful to "respawn" than to spend weeks painfully regenerating.