Chapter 1: Carnival Conundrums

As the group all sits in the lobby of the Hazbin Hotel, bored, Charlie is still trying to think of ways to promote the hotel.

"So, guys, any ideas on how to get more people to come to the hotel?" Charlie asks the group.

Alastor raises his hand. "I think I have an idea."

"Great, what is it?"

"We advertise," he responds.

"Didn't we already try that?" Vaggie counters.

"Yeah. And it was a huge trainwreck! I mean, Katie Killjoy really bashed you, huh Charlie! I mean, 666 News made you and this hotel look like a massive fucking joke!" Angel adds.

"Wasn't that partly your fault?" Niffty says.

"Well, Charlie was the one who thought going onto hell's 'best' and most popular news station and singing about this hotel would work," Husk says.

"No, no, no. Not that worthless junk. I meant on the real deal! Radio!" Alastor explains.

"I don't know, Al. I mean, who actually listens to the radio?" Charlie asks him.

He looks offended, "They listened to me when I was spreading carnage and overtaking overlords."

"Yeah, but that was when radios were new and TVs hadn't existed yet," Charlie counters.

"Well, I guess I'll just make them listen," he replies with an evil smile.

"No! No forcing people to do anything! We have to do this right. Nicely," Charlie tells him.

"Fine," he says. "Do you want the people of this city to find out about this place or not?"

"Yes, but we have to do this the right way," Charlie tells him, "We need to rehabilitate sinners by positive and good reinforcement. Not by mind control or fear. Set a good example."

"Fine," Alastor says.

"Ooh! What if we go around giving people free cupcakes.....AND flyers for our hotel!" Charlie shouts excitedly.

"Unless you got drugs baked into those cupcakes, I'm not sure how many people would actually care," says Angel.

You look pleadingly at Vaggie, and she sighs and says, "Let's at least give it a try."

"Yay!" Charlie exclaims as she hugs Vaggie and runs to the kitchen, followed by Niffty.

Once they've left, Alastor asks, "And where exactly are we going to give these out at?"

"Uhh," Vaggie thinks. "The most popular place in Pride, probably."

"Which would be where?" Al asks quizzically, with a slight tone of knowing.

"I hate to be one to say it, but it would probably be.... LuLu World," Husk points out.

"Ohh...." They all sigh.

"Who wants to tell her?" Husk asks.

"I think Vaggie," Angel replies quickly.

"What!?" Vaggie responds.

"Yeah, you. I mean, she likes you the most," he says, winking at her, obviously referring to her relationship with Charlie.

"Fine," Vaggie surrenders as she goes to find Charlie and tell her the bad news.

Vaggie begins to think about how to tell the ecstatic Charlie that the only logical place to give out flyers and cupcakes would be LuLu Land, the largest and most popular fun place in Hell, also the personal property of King Lucifer, Charlie's dad. Vaggie knows that there are only two ways this can go. 1: Charlie accepts it and sadly walks away. Or 2: Charlie decides that she wants to go, despite the risk that she could run into her father, which could go horribly considering their last discussion.

The worst part for Vaggie is that both choices have risks. It's quite the conundrum. She doesn't want to hurt Charlie, but she also doesn't want anything to hurt Charlie.

Vaggie needs to decide fast because she is approaching Charlie quickly.