Chapter 34: A Regretful Father and Familial Forgiveness

In a well-lit yet cozy room within a massive manor, God stands alone. As Charlie observes, she notices Lucifer manifesting next to her, wearing a confused expression.

He murmurs, "I don't remember this...." Then, God begins to speak, seemingly to Himself.

"Oh, Lucifer, my dearest son, I am so sorry that things ended up the way they did. I acknowledge that this is my fault too. For eons, I raised you as my favorite son. Then I created humans and, in your eyes, left you behind. I elevated you above everyone else, only to shift my focus to someone else, causing your tower to collapse. I knew from the moment of your creation that you were destined for great things. However, it appears that even I could not, or would not, see what you were becoming. I made you the most powerful angel in Heaven and the only seraphic archangel ever in existence. I played a part in all this. When Michael was about to solemnly execute you, I looked into your heart. Inside, I saw genuine guilt, regret, and sadness. I couldn't bring myself to let him do it. By the time you hear this, you might be too far gone, but know that I will never give up hope in you or stop loving you. If one day you wholeheartedly ask for forgiveness, I will grant it. I just hope your time in hell hasn't made you too prideful. Maybe one day, she will help you realize it."

As He concludes his speech, He looks Lucifer in the eyes, a feat He shouldn't be able to accomplish since this is a flashback. Charlie notices tears streaming down Lucifer's face. She catches and hugs him as the room collapses, and they find themselves back on the hotel's roof. Checking the clock tower, she discovers only 15 minutes have passed.

She continues lovingly hugging her dad until Lucifer gradually calms down. Looking at him with loving concern, she asks, "Dad, are you okay?"

He responds with a mix of sadness, slight peace, and happiness, "I don't know. I just... I... (he sighs). Apple Pie, do you think I could have a few days to process this? I need some time to think. Could you come by sometime? Then we could talk about it."

She nods understandingly, "Of course, Dad. Take however long you need." He smiles at her and stands to leave.

Opening his portal, he turns around, and Charlie runs towards him, embracing him. She says, "Thank you, Dad. I love you. I'll be sure to visit."

He joyfully smiles, "I'd like that. Love you too, my little duckling!" Then he departs through his portal. Charlie spends some more time on the roof, collecting her thoughts, and then remembers the hotel crew.

Heading back down to the lobby, she explains everything to them, leaving out the flashback. She details her conversation with Adam, how her Dad showed up and took them almost all out, and how she's hopefully reconciled her relationship with her Dad.

Vaggie expresses happiness for her, but Alastor is disappointed he missed the action. They all head to bed after the intense day they've had, with Charlie more exhausted than the rest. Lying in bed, she drifts off into a peaceful sleep.