Chapter 44: Celestial Revelations

As the clouds high above everything in the universe part to reveal a large, golden gate, the Gates of Heaven, Uriel gracefully strolls through the heavenly courtyard, engaged in conversation with Saint Peter about the diminishing number of humans finding their way to heaven.

"Why do you think so many humans end up in Hell?" Uriel inquires, a furrowed brow revealing his concern.

Saint Peter responds sagely, "Sin is a formidable adversary. Many humans struggle to resist its temptation, and once ensnared, breaking free becomes a daunting challenge. Furthermore, countless individuals choose to sin without contemplating the consequences."

Uriel nods reflectively, "If only they would repent and believe."

Saint Peter adds, "And lead virtuous lives."

Uriel elaborates, "Another reason – many receive the divine gift but fail to share it with others."

Peter raises an eyebrow, "Yet another cause?"

Uriel affirms, "Yes. Humans, inherently selfish, often hoard their happiness instead of sharing it. Covetousness is a sin, and refusing to share the Lord's glory for personal gain is particularly covetous."

After a moment of contemplation, Uriel adds, "But the crucial aspect is demonstrating, through our love, that redemption is within anyone's reach. No one is too far from the Lord."

Peter nods thoughtfully, "Interesting. Our camaraderie makes sense. You, the archangel of redemption, and I, the 'key' to heaven – our roles complement each other seamlessly."

Uriel responds with a chuckle, "Indeed."

---

Three exorcists casually stroll by, engaging in spirited conversation.

The first Exorcist scoffs, "So, there I was, questioning Adam about our decision not to obliterate that sorry excuse for a hotel during the last extermination!"

The second Exorcist chimes in, "He responds with 'Reasons. Now get out before I have you executed for treason!' And then he involves Lute. She literally kicks us out!"

The first Exorcist shakes her head, "I can't believe he's protecting that hellhole. It's infuriating!"

The third Exorcist rolls her eyes, "I know! We were ready to wipe it off the map."

The first Exorcist quips, "That infernal hotel goes against everything we hold holy."

The third Exorcist teases, "Your jokes are exhausting. Maybe you should've been a comedian instead of an exterminator."

The first Exorcist frowns, "I thought he was saving it for the end. As a big finale! As usual. Then we just pack up and leave?!"

The second Exorcist muses, "It's like he doesn't want us to cleanse those sinners or something. What's his deal?"

The first Exorcist declares, "I swear, if we had the chance, we could've purged that entire place in righteous fire. Those sinners would've had no chance."

The third Exorcist boldly claims, "I heard that he's afraid of that place."

The second Exorcist dismisses it, "Probably just a rumor. Bunch of nonsense. Besides, Adam's so egotistical that he'd be willing to fight God Himself if he thought he stood a chance!"

The first Exorcist grins, "I wouldn't go that far. He'd definitely draw the line at God or Michael or even Forti. But, he is quite arrogant."

The second Exorcist wonders, "Do you think that they told him not to purge that place?"