Chapter 43: Niffty's Nightmare

The gang returns to the Hazbin Hotel, surveying the aftermath of the havoc Paimon wreaked upon the lobby—a chaotic scene of shattered furniture and remnants of what seemed like a contained explosion.

Charlie sighs in dismay, Niffty visibly appalled at the wreckage. Alastor snaps his fingers, feigning annoyance, "Ah, well, as much as I'd love to assist here, alas, duty calls. I'll be in the Cannibal Colony, so don't need me." With that, he disappears into the shadows.

Husk grumbles, "What the hell was that meeting about? More specifically, what did it have to do with us? Why were we dragged into it?"

Angel nonchalantly shrugs at him, "I don't know."

Husk redirects his frustration, "I wasn't asking you, (sigh) I need a drink."

As Husk strolls away, Charlie turns her attention back to the hotel. To her surprise, the team is actively restoring order. She can't help but feel a tear forming, wiped away as she jokes, "I never thought I'd see you guys do something productive for this hotel!"

Vaggie laughs as Niffty diligently wipes the floors, Husk cleans out his bottles, Vaggie dusts furniture, and Angel tends to other pieces. Sir Pentious struggles, unsuccessfully, to fix a malfunctioning lightbulb. Charlie pitches in where she can, and Razzle and Dazzle diligently mop the kitchen.

As she continues aiding around the hotel, she overhears a conversation between Vaggie and Angel.

"What is he doing?" Angel inquires, gesturing towards Sir Pentious.

Vaggie responds nonchalantly, "Oh, I'm not entirely sure. I think he's attempting to change that lightbulb."

Sir Pentious stands on a tower of his Egg Bois, perched on a stepladder. After a few seconds, they all tumble.

Angel rolls his eyes. "Oh, for crying out loud. It's not that hard! There's a reason lightbulbs are a saying for how easy things are! To think that there weren't enough re-."

Vaggie interjects, "Language!"

Angel finishes quietly, " 'less fortunate in the brain department' around here already."

Husk returns with a full bottle of brandy and remarks, "You're one to talk," before sitting at his bar and downing it.

Vaggie exasperatedly groans to Angel, "¡Ay, por el amor de Dios! ¿En serio? ¿Por qué eres así?!"

Angel looks confused, then shrugs and struts off. Vaggie turns around, "Ay Caramba!"

As Angel leaves, Charlie notices Sir Pentious looking at the lightbulb with a scowl on his face. "What a pain in the ass," he mutters under his breath before turning to face her. "Princess, what's with these infernal abominations in the technological realm?" he growls.

She shrugs, "Blame 'Edison', not me." Then she snaps her fingers, and instantly, all the lightbulbs are replaced with new ones.

Sir Pentious looks at her in surprise, "Couldn't have done that sooner? Well, thanks anyways."

Then he walks away. As Sir Pentious leaves, Charlie turns to Vaggie and asks, "What's up?"

Vaggie shakes her head, "Not much. Just dealing with Angel Dust's latest antics. He's such a...."

She shrugs and puts her hand on her shoulder. "It's not worth worrying about." Vaggie rolls her eyes.