Chapter 6: Business as Usual

Entering the hotel, Husk, the bartender and receptionist, looks up from his "hard work". He says, "Hey there, boss. Everything okay?"

Charlie nods, "Yeah, everything's fine. Just had to take care of some business."

Husk raises an eyebrow, "Business? What kind of business?"

Charlie takes a deep breath, trying to keep her composure. "Nothing you need to worry about," she says, her voice calm but firm. Husk simply nods.

Charlie decides to ensure everything is running smoothly. Niffty continues to clean the hotel, Vaggie returns to being the concierge, Angel Dust hangs around, and Alastor hosts his radio show. While Charlie attends to managerial tasks, unfortunately, no one manages to convince even a single sinner to come to the hotel. With the staff members and Angel Dust being the only hotel residents, things aren't looking too good. Despite her disappointment, Charlie remains optimistic; it's only the first week of the hotel being open. The main challenge lies in proving the effectiveness of the hotel idea, as there is no concrete proof it will work. Charlie heads to the balcony on the top floor of the hotel, which serves as her bedroom and office.

Sitting on the balcony, she takes a deep breath of the fresh air and gazes out at the city below. Sinners run amok, causing mayhem, and screams fill the air.

Thoughts of her father, Lucifer, cross her mind. A powerful man, yet loving and caring, he had been strict and sometimes overprotective.

Lucifer was once an angel in Heaven. Then he fell. He turned Hell into its chaotic state after convincing humans to eat the forbidden fruit, leading them to sin and be forever separated from God. Whether this was an act of benevolence or malevolence is difficult to say. While Hell operates with self-rule, Lucifer's struggle with his pride complicates his relationships. Charlie recalls the imps' words at LuLu World. Feeling overwhelmed, she decides to call her mother, though she never picks up. Leaving a voicemail, Charlie expresses her struggles and longing for guidance.

As the message ends, a loud commotion emanates from the next room.